Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gearing up for snow!!!

Default Gearing up for snow!!!

Hoping all of you who have dealt with the snow and ice storms over the past week or so are making out ok.

Now it is our turn in the North East! I am avoiding the convenience stores like the plague!!! I'm NOT dreaming of a White Christmas, instead I'm dreaming of a nice warm, day!!!

Have a good day and stay safe everyone!
    Sunshine Rewards

I thought we were only suppose to get a dusting and now I notice that our town (Billerica, MA) has an early release due to weather............I keep looking out the window thinking, "snow, early release, what!!!!"

Of course I had an appointment at 12 for a CVS test panel, so now I have to call them and see if I can bring 3 kiddos with me (my dd4, her friend 4, and nephew1).........sure they will love that, but hopefully they can see me earlier....

Now, I do love the snow....but not when I have stuff scheduled.......oh well....

I hear you about stearing clear of stores.........they will be a madhouse!!

Hope you don't get shovel cramps!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    Hoping all of you who have dealt with the snow and ice storms over the past week or so are making out ok.

Now it is our turn in the North East! I am avoiding the convenience stores like the plague!!! I'm NOT dreaming of a White Christmas, instead I'm dreaming of a nice warm, day!!!

Have a good day and stay safe everyone!
    You can come join me, though we are suppose to have a cold snap this weekend, high of only70, lows clear into the upper 50's....yuk.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

It's a balmy 31 here this morning....just finished this mornings survey on cruises and we are suppose to get 8-10" of that awful white stuff starting around noon time and through the night...I love living in New England but......I HATE SNOW!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

It's 63 right now in Tennessee, 75 yesterday, but it is suppose to snow Sunday.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

If I could, I'd take that SNOW right off your hands so you wouldn't have to deal with it!
    Sunshine Rewards

Kids in our town have no school due to the storm coming in also. We've been to the supermarket and have settled in for the day. Hopefully I can get some more Christmas shopping done online (if the kids will stop peeking over my shoulder, lol!) I've heard reports of 6-10 inches for us. The scarier part is that one forecaster was reporting that the first significant storm of the season will be coming in Saturday/Sunday. Hmmm... I kind of thought 6-10 inches was fairly significant, lol!
    Debbie

We have about 3-4 inches so far this morning, almost every school is closed and alot of state/county office and service have closed or closing early... still have about 3-7 more inches and then we are looking at another foot of snow this weekend... It looks like it will be a white christmas...
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

I'm just listening to the weather and they are talking about all the cold weather and snow up in the northeast and how a very cold front is moving in behind it. That is horrible. Winter is just starting and you guys are getting slammed already.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    I'm just listening to the weather and they are talking about all the cold weather and snow up in the northeast and how a very cold front is moving in behind it. That is horrible. Winter is just starting and you guys are getting slammed already.
    I'm sure it is particularly bad for the retail stores around here. They are probably counting on a big shopping weekend this weekend and the snow may keep people away. I know that I'm trying to place a few last minute orders online in case this big storm does come on Saturday.
    Debbie