Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! I Bought A Wii, Now What?

Default Help! I Bought A Wii, Now What?

ok, i FINALLY gave in and bought a wii, along with "just dance 2" on amazon.com this morning. so, what should i buy to go along with it? i have rechargeable batteries, which i've heard are a must-do i need more remotes? there's 3 of us, and i'm not really sure what types of games we'll be getting, aside from toy story midway mania, because that's our favorite wdw attraction.

someone help, this is our first game system, and i have NO idea what to get for it, lol.
    Last edited by iluvamystery89; 12-01-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Congrats! I think I have around 20 AA rechargeable batteries around here, which go to my camera, Wiimote, balance board, and some other stuff and still leaves me with some spare ones to keep for when others need to be recharged. I know my brother has the charging station for the remotes, which you could do too, but if you have a bunch of AA rechargeables, you can go with that for now. Each controller needs 2 AA batteries.

As far as additional wiimotes, I'd look into what came with your system first. Most of them have one wiimote and nunchuck, but there are various offers right now to get an additional game with it. I'm not sure if those include any extra accessories or not. Anyways, I'd look first at the games that have an extra Wiimote bundled with them, like Wii Play. I know I saw that in Target's ad this week and I believe it was on sale for $32. I think the wiimotes are usually like $40, so if you find one bundled like that, you essentially get a free game or a very cheap one. I'm not saying that's the best game ever, but it's a good way to get a free game with your wiimote, and I know I've seen several other games bundled like that recently.

I'd definitely make sure you have at least two wiimotes. If you all plan on playing at the same time, go for three. I'd wait and see what games you guys are getting before determing if you need extra nunchucks, as those aren't used as often.

Congrats!
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

thanks! we'll probably need a couple of extra wiimotes, to start. DH may want a racing game, so i might have to get a steering wheel, lol.

When we first boughtit I bought an extra remote and nunchuck. Today, 2 years later, We have 4 remotes, 2 nunchucks and 4 nerf wheels. We love Mario Kart for the family. My son and hubby like Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 the most. I like Lego Harry Potter. Toy Story Mania is not a favorite around here. It is has been played about 4 days since we bought it.

They are getting the New Mario Brothers, Wii Resort and Guilty Party games this year.

(this is for a family of 4, 2 adults an 8 year old girl and 6 year old boy)
    <Sunshine Rewards

My first "accessory" was the WiiFit. We have three games that get played around here...Just Dance, Just Dance 2 and WiiFit Plus. My DD7 loves the WiiFit games and I find it to be a perfect way to get a little light exercise. Now that winter has arrived, I will be using my Wii a lot more since we won't be outside biking or playing. You really can work up a sweat using it so I do not feel guilty about playing it, or letting my kids play it, for hours.

I don't know of any deals right now on the WiiFit Plus. Target had it for $67 on BF, but it is sold for $100 almost everywhere right now.

thanks everyone! the bundle i bought comes with: Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, One Wii Remote Plus controller, One Nunchuk controller, Sensor Bar, Standard composite cable and Power cord. i also bought "Just Dance 2" and MIGHT by either the MJ game or Zumba fitness. DD13 has tried zumba and LOVES it, lol. and of course, a racing game for DH.
    anyone know of any puzzle games? any hidden object-type games (such as Mystery Case Files)? we love those.

Look into Mario Kart for the racing game. I know that one comes with one steering wheel. I think some other ones do as well, so you would only need to buy extra wheels for the additional players.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    Look into Mario Kart for the racing game. I know that one comes with one steering wheel. I think some other ones do as well, so you would only need to buy extra wheels for the additional players.
    mario kart thanks!

If you have Sports Resort, make sure you get at least one extra remote with the Motion Plus attachment. Otherwise, some of the games on Sports Resort can only be played with the remote that came with the box. I have the Namco charging station and it has been fantastic!!!! Even with rechargeble batteries, I was changing them too frequently. I second Mario Kart! We have that and it is a lot of fun for many ages. We have Toy Story Mania, and my kids enjoy it (boys 4 & 6).
    Provided by FLMNetwork.com

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by sqromano View Post
    If you have Sports Resort, make sure you get at least one extra remote with the Motion Plus attachment. Otherwise, some of the games on Sports Resort can only be played with the remote that came with the box. I have the Namco charging station and it has been fantastic!!!! Even with rechargeble batteries, I was changing them too frequently. I second Mario Kart! We have that and it is a lot of fun for many ages. We have Toy Story Mania, and my kids enjoy it (boys 4 & 6).
    so, if i have a charging station for the remotes, do i still need rechargeable batteries?