Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Animal Kingdom & Epcot any advice

Default Animal Kingdom & Epcot any advice

These are the two parks we are going to go to when we get there. Animal kingdom first ( we wont be there right when they open, i am figure not until around 11am or so ) and the next day spend a full day at epcot.

any advice on what we should and shouldnt waste our time one ?

also is there anything close to the pop hotel that we can also do ?

For sure I definitely would head straight to get a fast pass for the Animal Tour. It's worth doing twice or more. If you are big on taking pictures, be sure to have someone on each side as there are animals on both sides and the tour bus comes upon them rather quickly.

I would definitely do the Lion King Show! It was simply wonderful and a must see!

Mickey's Jamin Jungle Parade is a must!

We didn't get a chance to do any rides because it started storming and they closed them down, but I know it was very popular, I beleive it was called Mount Everest.

Hope This Helps!

Sorry, no advice on Epcot!
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks that great info

You've really must ride Expedition Everest if you like coasters! It's awesome! Probably will need to get a fast pass for it. The Tough to be a Bug show is really cute too.
    I haven't seen any shows so I can't help you with those.

As soon as you make your way to Epcot, head to Soarin' and get a fast pass and ride it if the wait isn't too long. However, if you don't like heights it might not be good for you. Heights bother me but I really like Soarin'.
    Test Track is good but not out of this world. Mission Space....I have to go on the tame version. I'm not good with spinning. Take the boat ride in Mexico. It's nice and calming.

Oh and hope you have a great trip!

Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Soarin' is definitely a must-try. I also like Test Track. Never have been to Mission Space. I like the ride in Norway on a Viking Ship.

Don't miss the Safari in Animal Kingdom. If you are not there early, go right away and get a fastpass and come back later. Expedition Everest is not to be missed from what I hear. It wasn't quite open the last time I went. I liked Dinosaur. My family went tubing there, but I don't remember the name of the ride. (Maybe Kali River Rapids?!?) We went in December, so I watched the baby while the rest of them went. They got rather wet, so I don't know if that will be something you want to do in January.

Whatever you do, have fun!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

AK Must
    (photo pass photos?)
    (Characters?)
    Expedition Everest
    Kali-River Rapids
    Kilimanjoar Surfari
    Its Tough to be a Bug
    Dinosaur
    Prime-evil warel
    Festival of the Lion King
    Mickeys Junggle Jamming Parade
    Finding Nemo the Musical

Epcot

Sorian
    Finding Nemo Ride
    Turttle Talk With Crush
    Space Ship Earth
    Mission Space
    Test Track
    Mexico Boat Ride
    Malestrome
    Tour the Countries
    Canada Circle Vision
    Journey into your imagnition with figment
    Honey I shrunk the audiance (warning very long wait must watch 20+ Min preshow)
    Living with the Land
    Innoventions
    (Disney Visa Characters?)
    (Characters?)
    (Photo Pass Photos?)
    Ellens Energy Adventure (Need a break... its about 40-60 min attraction)

Ok I hope this has helped i know it seems like i listed the entire parks but epcot being a full day you can get a lot done if started early and AK depending on wait times and fast pass uses you can do almost all the rides and the shows if you get lucky with show times...
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    AK Must
    (photo pass photos?)
    (Characters?)
    Expedition Everest
    Kali-River Rapids
    Kilimanjoar Surfari
    Its Tough to be a Bug
    Dinosaur
    Prime-evil warel
    Festival of the Lion King
    Mickeys Junggle Jamming Parade
    Finding Nemo the Musical

Epcot

Sorian
    Finding Nemo Ride
    Turttle Talk With Crush
    Space Ship Earth
    Mission Space
    Test Track
    Mexico Boat Ride
    Malestrome
    Tour the Countries
    Canada Circle Vision
    Journey into your imagnition with figment
    Honey I shrunk the audiance (warning very long wait must watch 20+ Min preshow)
    Living with the Land
    Innoventions
    (Disney Visa Characters?)
    (Characters?)
    (Photo Pass Photos?)
    Ellens Energy Adventure (Need a break... its about 40-60 min attraction)

Ok I hope this has helped i know it seems like i listed the entire parks but epcot being a full day you can get a lot done if started early and AK depending on wait times and fast pass uses you can do almost all the rides and the shows if you get lucky with show times...
    I agree with Brian except for Kali River Rapids - don't do it unless you want to get really, really wet. I did it in November and the only dry part on me was my waist band of my pants - soaked!! So - if you want to get wet - do it! If not - avoid it like the plague!! Just my two cents.

AK and Epcot are our family favorites!! Enjoy!!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

At Animal Kingdom- The Lion King and Finding Nemo our 2 of our favorite shows to see. I just love the Lion King, last time when we were there, the baby and I watched the shows by ourself so the boys and gramma could ride some rides. And I have a height phobia and I just love soaring, I just stear clear of the front row! Congrats on your trip and I hope you have a wonderful time!!!
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

Thanks everyone...

i do know for a fact i dont want to do Kali River Rapids we have something like that at six flags here and I really hate getting that late

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

I would personally go to AK early...I find I can get it done in 1/2 day.

As for EPCOT, I would leave the afternoon and evening for the countries. Do you have any children going? If so, have them do a free mask (adults can do it too...great souveniur (sp?)). My advice there is bring your own crayons and markers so you don't have to wait while they color!
    Sunshine Rewards