Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animal Kingdom & Epcot any advice

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I would devote an entire day to AK. I think you will feel really rushed otherwise at that park and any other one you try to go to. I would also pay attention to the park maps there. They have walking trails to see animals that Mike and I completely missed last time because we were trying to hit all the highlights and get to MGM. I have heard fabulous things about the Nemo musical so I'd definetly try to see it.

Oh and we did Kali during december a few years ago and it wasn't all that bad. We wore ponchos because I wanted to go on it so badly.
    Sunshine Rewards

i am so excited about ak!!!! i know i will like it better then epcot haha

Quote Originally Posted by aknight373 View Post
    i am so excited about ak!!!! i know i will like it better then epcot haha
    I Epcot personally!
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

are you going with young children?

i just came back with my granddaughter, is is 2 1/2. we hit every country via the kidkot stations. she just loved getting out of the stroller and coloring at every country. if you finish all the countries they give you a cetificate.

we always do the boat ride in norway maelstrom, it is a fastpass ride so we grabbed a fast pass and then just by passed the line. we also always do the boat ride in mexico. we try to catch a show at the other countries, or in japan pick a pearl. the candy artist is there also. she will make candy scuptures that she gives out to the kids, about 5 or 6 per show.
    ...in china, try to look up all the birth years in your family and see what animal is represented by the year.
    ..have a pastry in france.

if you go into the countries in epcot have an open mind and really enjoy you trip around. when we went in april we started at 12 oclock and finished at 614 pm. so you can see we really tried to explore the countries. i also forget which country it was, maybe china? that has the model train tracks set up outside. something to see there. we haven't been to all of them exploring but these are the few i can think of.

then there is future world. yes you can do all the exciting rides there like soarin, (be warned here, fastpasses go fast, by afternoon more than likely they are all gone.) get one asap.
    ..nemo and the aquarium are nice relaxing rides and walk thru's. i love ellen's universe of energy.
    ...i also enjoyed going into the imaginations places there, we did the robot race and then got to build our very own plastic robots that you get to keep.
    ...character meet and greets of course.

animal kingdom. depends on what you thrill is. the safari is cool, get a fastpass for this asap. we love dinosaur also, you can fastpass this one also. expiditon everest (something i don't go on) but if you are into it, fast pass this one also. kali river rapids is cute, i wore a poncho, but really no one in our boat except for 1 got really wet.

DO NOT MISS FESTIVAL OF LION KING! bring a video camera with you for this show. this one is my all time favority of all disney shows. i actually enjoy the first show of the day, mainly because of the light crowds going first thing in the morning to see it. that way i get choice seating and can record with a good view.
    ...personallly rafiki's planet watch is ok if you have young kids. but really isn't worth the time. their is a small petting area there with goats, and it stinks. at least it did this past thursday. i haven't been there before, so i decided with my granddaughter going with me this time i would try it and i am glad i did, but i will not go again.

that is about all the advice i can give you.

one more thing. get fastpasses when ever you can, and come back later to use them. you do not have to come during the designated time frame, except for soarin.

on this last trip i just came back for, every cm there told us not too worry about the expiration time of them. they only make sure you come after your start time, but not ending time. so you can collect fast passes as you can thru out your mornings, and then take and relax mid day back at the hotel and then go back to the park and ride all those fast pass rides.

now at pop century. we just stayed there on this trip. really get out and explore the hotel. the icons are amazing and the signs along the walkways are really interesting to read. for each year they have some bit of trivia that took place during that year.
    ..over by big wheels icon they had real big wheel races, my granddaughter did that and they gave her a small trophy.
    ..at the front entrance they had buckets of sidewalk chalk and the kids could be artists til their hearts desire. there is a path that walks around the outside of the hotel, and then a bridge that goes across the lake. makes for a nice walk in the evenings.

ok i think that is about all i can think of right now. hehehe

enjoy your trip!
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

Thanks guys...

it just 4 adults going to the parks!!!

i love all the advice keep it coming

Sorry if anything I type has been said already. But here goes...

One thing to remember with Animal Kingdom is that is closes much earlier than all of the other parks - usually 5:00. I, personally, would opt for getting there at opening and heading STRAIGHT to Expedition Everest for Fast Passes and a quick ride before the line gets too long. The ride is great!

Festival of the Lion King is MUST SEE as well as Kilimanjaro Safari, It's Tough to Be A Bug, Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, etc. The new Finding Nemo show is REALLY good as well. We too skip Kali rive rapids for the reasons stated above. If you don't mind ducks walking around you while you eat, grab some great bbq from Flame Tree Barbecue and make your way down to the lake eating area. It's a great view of Expedition Everest and a nice scenic spot.

The Main thing with AK is picking time for the shows. It can be tricky to get everything in if you like the shows.

Since the park closes early, we usually head out for a nice supper at either Rainforest Cafe right in/next the park or head out to Downtown Disney for a nice supper and some light strolling/heavy shopping. :-)

As for EPCOT, it's my favorite park next to MK and I would highly suggest getting there at rope drop and staying the whole day until after Illuminations. There is just so much to see and take in. I completely agree with the sentiment of heading straight to Soarin' (see Expedition Everest procedure). Then we love pretty much everything at EPCOT so I won't bother listing it here.

Have a great trip!!!
    Rachel

Thanks guys i cant wait, the day that we are going to ak like i said we wont get there till around 11am hopefully a little before, but not keeping my fingers crossed and its a extra magic night where they will stay open later, so i am hoping it wont be to packed espically in january.

epcot we will get there right at rope drop i cant wait. is Illuminations free, or do i have to pay extra for that ?

Yes Illuminations is free,
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Like Bryan said, Illuminations is definitely free - there are many good spots to watch. A great spot to grab about 30 minutes before Illuminations is right in between Mexico and Norway. We like to grab a snack at the Norwegian Bakery right there. Grab a seat on the bench and enjoy the show!!!

We love going in January as long as it's after the first week when the kiddos are all back in school. If this is the case, the crowds should be AWESOME!!!! You might not get everything in at AK in that amount of time, but you can most definitely get your "must-dos" in I'd say. I still would head to Expedition Everest first thing and see about getting a fast pass because there still could be a line...

I hope you have a great time!!!
    Rachel

awsome!!! thanks again guys your the best!!! i cant wait