Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Animal Kingdom & Epcot any advice

nicholfamily5 is offline I can't tell you how often I wake up in the night and that's the first thing I think of

Quote Originally Posted by aknight373 View Post
    Thanks guys i cant wait, the day that we are going to ak like i said we wont get there till around 11am hopefully a little before, but not keeping my fingers crossed and its a extra magic night where they will stay open later, so i am hoping it wont be to packed espically in january.

epcot we will get there right at rope drop i cant wait. is Illuminations free, or do i have to pay extra for that ?

Just a word to the wise, chances are VERY good that AK will be PACKED on an EM night!!! Even in the morning. Don't make the mistake of thinking it will be lighter in the morning! lol...
    You would be better off going the next day for the lighter crowds.

I really recommend Tour Guide Mike. He has a guide as to which park to hit on any given day, using a color system. His info was the best! We barely waited on any lines and we had a very relaxing vacation in august.
    I would definately hit Everest fisrt thing, and get a fast pass. they go very quickly and if you are getting there that late, chances are your return time is going to be later in the day. Definately do not miss the Lion King show. Absolutely amazing. I read you are all adults? It's like watching the broadway show, with acrobatics tossed in! Fabulous. I'm getting goosebumps just remembering it.
    I also enjoyed Tusker House for lunch. It is a buffet now that needs ADRS but I've heard very good things and the food was delish.

Epcot I ADORE! There is very little there that I won't do, so just do a bit of research again TGM is a great resource, and have a plan. It's so big you don't want to be walking from one side to the other all day.

Have a good time!
    Sunshine Rewards
    "A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini put it on and stay strong." -Jennifer Love Hewitt

Quote Originally Posted by nicholfamily5 View Post
    Just a word to the wise, chances are VERY good that AK will be PACKED on an EM night!!! Even in the morning. Don't make the mistake of thinking it will be lighter in the morning! lol...
    You would be better off going the next day for the lighter crowds.

I really recommend Tour Guide Mike. He has a guide as to which park to hit on any given day, using a color system. His info was the best! We barely waited on any lines and we had a very relaxing vacation in august.
    I would definately hit Everest fisrt thing, and get a fast pass. they go very quickly and if you are getting there that late, chances are your return time is going to be later in the day. Definately do not miss the Lion King show. Absolutely amazing. I read you are all adults? It's like watching the broadway show, with acrobatics tossed in! Fabulous. I'm getting goosebumps just remembering it.
    I also enjoyed Tusker House for lunch. It is a buffet now that needs ADRS but I've heard very good things and the food was delish.

Epcot I ADORE! There is very little there that I won't do, so just do a bit of research again TGM is a great resource, and have a plan. It's so big you don't want to be walking from one side to the other all day.

Have a good time!

Thought I'd back up the theory that an EMH AK day will be PACKED! And that TGM is great! We used it for our trip last month between Christmas and New Years (when it's supposed to be sooooo crowded) and we didn't wait in line for more than about 20 minutes for any of our rides/shows!
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2aPrincess View Post
    Thought I'd back up the theory that an EMH AK day will be PACKED! And that TGM is great! We used it for our trip last month between Christmas and New Years (when it's supposed to be sooooo crowded) and we didn't wait in line for more than about 20 minutes for any of our rides/shows!

I have so much about tour guide mike, I am hearing more bad then good. I dont think I would ever pay for that service. I keep hearing or should I say reading that people paid for it, and never really needed.

Thanks guys

Unless you are going MLK or marathon weekend, I think you should be okay going to AK EMH

nicholfamily5 is offline I can't tell you how often I wake up in the night and that's the first thing I think of

man! That's too bad that you've heard bad things about TGM. I used his site pretty much exclusively once I found it, and I based our entire week around it. We barely waited in any line all week. I love all the reviews that are from him and people that have come back from trips.
    I guess it's a little time consuming going through his site, but once you get used to the style, there is a wealth of info.
    Regardless, You'll have a good time. I'm a little envious that you will be all adults going and won't have to schedule everything around little ones!

Enjoy your trip!
    Sunshine Rewards
    "A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini put it on and stay strong." -Jennifer Love Hewitt

Take lots of money and vitamins.
    DIANE L.

Sunshine Rewards