Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uh Oh, I'm in trouble now!!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Default Uh Oh, I'm in trouble now!!

I just joined Restaurant.com and purchased my first gift certificate! Easy as pie, I was scared to try and that's what kept me from a purchase until today. I had a $25 SR gift to use towards a purchase from way back on January 4 (it was a super member gift) that had to be used within a year. A new restaurant just opened two weeks ago right across the street from my house...I saw it was a new restaurant on the site, so I had to go for it!! I think this site can become addictive! OK, Tricia...anytime you want to send another Restaurant.com gift...I won't wait so long to cash it in!!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

thanks for the reminder to cash mine in!
    Jennifer -

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
    thanks for the reminder to cash mine in!
    you're welcome! I was just looking at the restaurants at Disney, I just might have to get one of those too!

The one that I just bought had "no expiration" printed on it, does anyone know if they are all like that or do some have expiration dates?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

From what I understand, they used to expire and will not anymore.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

LOL. I've never tried them. But a resturant across the street would entice me also.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    From what I understand, they used to expire and will not anymore.
    This is great, thanks!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

We used ours on vacation in AZ this summer(no places near us). Easy peasy. I've already purchased a couple for our trip to WDW in the fall.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by tjrj1988 View Post
    We used ours on vacation in AZ this summer(no places near us). Easy peasy. I've already purchased a couple for our trip to WDW in the fall.
    Which ones did you get for Disney? I think I might get one for Shula's, we've eaten there once before and it was very good. I saw one for the Japanese restaurant too that I think I'll get too. I just hope they don't send me ones that come with an expiration date on them since we won't be going until May but since Tricia says they don't do that anymore, I guess I'll go ahead and get them now and put them away.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

I love using restaurant.com.

That said- I bought 3 for our 2 week road trip last summer and 2 of the 3 were out of business when we got there! Thankfully I bought them with a 80% off code so I wasn't out much but my budget was shot for that day because we had to spend more somewhere else.

But I have used many more certificates and love trying new places for much cheaper.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Which ones did you get for Disney? I think I might get one for Shula's, we've eaten there once before and it was very good. I saw one for the Japanese restaurant too that I think I'll get too. I just hope they don't send me ones that come with an expiration date on them since we won't be going until May but since Tricia says they don't do that anymore, I guess I'll go ahead and get them now and put them away.
    Even when they did expire, they always were good for at least a year...no worries!!

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    I love using restaurant.com.

That said- I bought 3 for our 2 week road trip last summer and 2 of the 3 were out of business when we got there! Thankfully I bought them with a 80% off code so I wasn't out much but my budget was shot for that day because we had to spend more somewhere else.

But I have used many more certificates and love trying new places for much cheaper.
    If a rest. goes out of business you can get in touch with rest.com, and they will let you exchange the cert. for another on the site. I don't know what the limitations of this are though. I have never actually done it, but I do know that is their policy.

I use Rest.coom quite often actually. Quite a few new restaurants in our area have been added in the past year of so. I have also bought them for travel and they have worked out great. I always research reviews for the ones I have bought for out of town, and I have never been disappointed!
    Sunshine Rewards