Thread: renting DVC points need help

Default renting DVC points need help

I am thinking of heading over to the DISboards next month to rent points for a January 2009 trip. Any of you DVC owners have advice on when I should start looking for someone to rent from? I mean I know I want to get the 11 month window for WLV but how soon is too soon?

Also anyone own at WLV? I have not stayed there and am wondering if we will like it as much as we LOVED SSR. We are taking my hubbys parents and thought this would be a good choice for them.
    <Sunshine Rewards

As far as if you will love VWL............YES YES YES. I stay in a studio 2 years ago and just loved it.......I usually stay at OKW when renting points because the rooms in a studio tend to be bigger, but if you are going to get a one bedroom you cannot go wrong at any of the DVC's.

Not sure that January is a super busy time, so you are going to have that on your side...............if you know your dates then I would book as soon as you can........that way you are guarenteed to get a room there.

I know that there was someone on SR that posted about renting points....not sure where she owned though.........I would do a quick search.

have fun planning!!! You will love it there..........everything is more centrally located.......very short walk to lobby (all basically attached...not like SSR or OKW) and they have a quick service area as well as sitdown....that is a nice thing to have when you are with kids and don't want to have to trudge over to a whole other building that can be a bit of a walk when kids are tired.

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

VWL are our absolute favorite. Much better location-wise than SSR (which is where we own). We stay there almost every time.

We've rented out our points on the DIS before and had a great experience. You can NEVER start too early. LOL!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Thanks guys. Since we know our dates and that we will be getting a 2 bedroom I think I will post over there right after Christmas. We have been going back and forth over buying DVC and even last night decided yes but today I am back to thinking no. Living on the west coast we will not go there but every other year. So, for now, I think we will continue to rent. Rented this last January and it was so easy. Hopefully I get a good renter again.

Thanks for all the good words on VWL. Heard it may have the best first sight appeal and is in a great location for us with little ones. Thought that would be good for the grandparents.
    <Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

I can't remember where on the DIS (haven't been there too much) but on the DVC boards there is a post about renting. It tells you some things to do and not do when renting (not WHO is a good renter but signs to look for).

I also know that they have changed the rules about renting on the boards...again you will have to read up. I think you have to post looking for points...I don't think that people are allowed to post their reservations until a certain time.

I have never rented my points but I have friends who have and have said it can be very easy.

IMO....buy the points!! Buy enough to be able to bank one year and use the next. Ex if it takes 100 points for the time/place you want buy 50 points resale. Then you can bank them and use them every two years. I have never for a second regretted our purchase!
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I second the buy now advice! If you know you are going back every second (or third) year, buy enough points that with banking and borrowing you have enough points for where you want to stay. Check out the resale market as there are some savings to be had there. That is what I did and am very happy with my purchase.
    Sunshine Rewards

I am renting for the first time for our upcoming trip in January. I posted how many points I need on the DIS and got two PMs right away. I picked one of them (I'm so glad she ended up being a travel agent and helped me so much with everything!) and one thing I want to recommend: Make sure you update your post when you find the points you are looking for. I have a warning on my account because I forgot to do that. I think if you do that 2 times you will not be able to post on the Rent/Trade board anymore.
    Melissa

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I have to say I have stayed at them all now and Boardwalk is the fav here. I just love it for some reason. WLV was great but Boardwalk for sure. As for renting points henstajay has sold her points before. You may want to talk to her about what she has. Stacy has some inside info on these points if I have ever heard it. Just tell her you are a SR member as she isn't on the forum much.

Kim

We have decided to rent points for SSR instead. Husband loved loved it there and said we could do 7 days there in stead of 6 at VWL if I switched. hehe. I will switch to stay longer at Disney. I also loved SSR just thought it would be nice to see other places. So now I will look for someone owning SSR.

I cannot wait to get back. 1 more year!!!!! Ths year I think we will check out the community hall and arcade. If his parents weren't going with us I may have tried the spa.
    <Sunshine Rewards

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    If his parents weren't going with us I may have tried the spa.
    Don't let the parents deter you from trying the spa; it's glorious!!!!!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards