Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coolest Gift Ever!

Default Coolest Gift Ever!

last week, i ordered my DD (age 13-total bookworm) a nook 3G + wi-fi (certified refurbished) from overstock.com for $99, and it arrived today i just have to say, this is the coolest thing EVER! i've already unboxed it, updated the firmware and charged it up i wanted to play with it and put books on it SOOOOO bad! LOL, can y'all tell i LOVE electronic gadgets? (i did put it back in the box and put it up for Christmas, i was a good girl) if you love to read, you MUST have one!

I'm sure she is gonna love it.

I've been thinking about buying one for myself as well. Need to do my research on them first to see which one is the best.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    I'm sure she is gonna love it.

I've been thinking about buying one for myself as well. Need to do my research on them first to see which one is the best.
    lisa, i chose the nook because, well, aside from the much better price, you can get books from your local library (can't do that with a kindle) and lend books to others.
    i hope she enjoys it i'm still resisting the temptation to get it back out and put a couple of books on it for her, lol.

I love my Kindle. I really wanted to get one for my mom for Christmas but can't spend that kind of money. Last night my hubby and I were talking about how we will have to get one for our daughter in the next year or two and how probably there will be less and less books at school as kids will go to ereaders.

I love my ereader but I also still buy real books.

I think your daughter will be over the moon. Best gift ever.
    <Sunshine Rewards

I have the Sony Ereader and I love it!! true it doesn't have wi-fi, but I paln ahead enought that I know when i'm low on books and and just buy new so i'm never without. works for me and, at the time , it was much cheaper than a Kindle.
    Jennifer -

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    lisa, i chose the nook because, well, aside from the much better price, you can get books from your local library (can't do that with a kindle) and lend books to others.
    i hope she enjoys it i'm still resisting the temptation to get it back out and put a couple of books on it for her, lol.
    I think that would be nice if you pre-loaded a couple of books for her.
    Sunshine Rewards

I agree-preload some books for her. They have free ones so you could do those if you didn't want to spend more money.

If I do buy my mom a kindle I will be excited because she can have all the books I have boughten and she will love some of those. She would open a gift with like 20 books already on it!
    <Sunshine Rewards

ok, you've all convinced me, mommy needs to play with the new gadget, i mean, uh, put some books on it

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    ok, you've all convinced me, mommy needs to play with the new gadget, i mean, uh, put some books on it
    You sound like me - DD asked for the older ipod nano. I managed to find one in the color that she wanted and I have been dying to play with it. I want the ipod touch for Christmas - I hope DH has been paying attention.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    You sound like me - DD asked for the older ipod nano. I managed to find one in the color that she wanted and I have been dying to play with it. I want the ipod touch for Christmas - I hope DH has been paying attention.
    I got my girls ipod touches, last year. I kept getting them out to play with and then wiping any smudges, that I created, off. I want an ipod touch but I have both of their shuffles and for walking, cutting the grass, etc, I like the smallness of them. Fits nicely in my pocket or I wear it around my neck. I don't think I would use the touch as much. But, I still want one.