Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coolest Gift Ever!

oh y'all just don't know, lol, i'm a total gadget ho. i LOVE electronics. any sort of electronic gizmo thrills me to no end. i took the nook out last night and showed DH how the screen changes to a different author's picture every time you turn it on or off-i squealed "that's so NEAT!" and he just shook his head and laughed.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Congrats! She will love it! I am in love with my Kindle and bought one for my mom for Christmas. I just need to load some books for her and wrap it up. Definitely start loading up a few of the classic books that are out there and free.
    Sunshine Rewards

Hhhmm, mybe DD21 would be interested in this as she loves to read as well. How does it work? Do you have to have an internet connection to buy and download?
    Sunshine Rewards

lisa, if you buy the wi-fi version, it can be used anywhere there's free wi-fi. if you get the 3G + wi-fi version, you can also use it anywhere there is AT&T 3G...and it's free (no contract or fees)! you can also download books via your computer. i think i'm going to have to get it out shortly and d'l some books onto it, as soon as i thaw out from the Christmas parade.

My Nook Wi-Fi order arrived this week too! Both DD and myself are getting one for Christmas! I was super excited to receive it. After I examined it to make sure the order was correct, and to verify that it wasn't damaged, etc., I put them away because I didn't think I could stand to play with it then have to put it back up until Christmas!! But...after reading this thread...I now realize how considerate it would be for me to go ahead and load up some books on DD's Since it isn't wrapped yet, perhaps I should get it out!

I had been on the fence for months about Nook vs Kindle, but I ultimately decided on the Nook because I am a big user of the library and think I will like that capability.

Quote Originally Posted by TxAggies View Post
    My Nook Wi-Fi order arrived this week too! Both DD and myself are getting one for Christmas! I was super excited to receive it. After I examined it to make sure the order was correct, and to verify that it wasn't damaged, etc., I put them away because I didn't think I could stand to play with it then have to put it back up until Christmas!! But...after reading this thread...I now realize how considerate it would be for me to go ahead and load up some books on DD's Since it isn't wrapped yet, perhaps I should get it out!

I had been on the fence for months about Nook vs Kindle, but I ultimately decided on the Nook because I am a big user of the library and think I will like that capability.
    do it! join me! LOL, i'm loving this thing! can't wait until mine shows up on monday!

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by TxAggies View Post

Oh I think that would be super nice of you to go ahead and download some books for her. DD is getting the Ipod Nano and I have already started downloading some songs that she has been wanting me to purchase at itunes for her old mp3 player. I keep telling her I don't have the time to do it because I know that once Christmas rolls around she will never go back to her old mp3 player - I hopw she gives it to her younger brother.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    Oh I think that would be super nice of you to go ahead and download some books for her. DD is getting the Ipod Nano and I have already started downloading some songs that she has been wanting me to purchase at itunes for her old mp3 player. I keep telling her I don't have the time to do it because I know that once Christmas rolls around she will never go back to her old mp3 player - I hopw she gives it to her younger brother.
    awww! i hope she does too! DD LOVES her mp3 player as well. i was really having a hard time finding a gift for her from us, until i ran across the nook. i think she's going to love it. at least, i hope she does, lol.

I am madly in love with my Kindle. I'm going through the free books that Amazion has.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I am madly in love with my Kindle. I'm going through the free books that Amazion has.
    One thing I am loving about Amazon is the free books rotate monthly and then I have found a few book bundles of 4-5 books for $10 all in one download. I bought the Jennifer Crusie bundle last month and have the Carly Phillips one on my Christmas wish list.
    Sunshine Rewards