Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ME - which airlines?

Yes the Disney hotels have a place where you can check your luggage while your waiting for your room to be ready or your waiting for your magic express..
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Quote Originally Posted by JillyFish View Post
    I have an ME question too! If you are not flying on a "participating airline" will your resort hold your luggage for you after you check out until your ME bus leaves? (Does that makes sense?)

Yes! Just call luggage services. On our last trip, our flight didn't leave until 4pm. So, I call luggage services before we checked out of POP to schedule pick up our luggage. We went off to DTD for a couple hours. When we got back, we went straight to luggage services and they had our stuff ready and waiting for us to get on ME. It was great!

Oooh! Thanks for the info. That sounds great!

I was thinking about flying SW, but they are not a participating airline. I thought about SW only because I thought I may be able to get a DING. I have never flown SW though, and am a bit concerned about the seating thing. Hopefully one of the participating airlines will have a great deal. I will not fly without it being VERY inexpensive. My parents are driving, and I could go with them, but we will be getting back from a 12 hour drive from VA Beach, and would prefer not to drive another 20 hours right away.

Thanks for all the help guys. I think I will look for the participating airlines FIRST. I definitely would prefer NOT to have to find my luggage and carry it to ME. I like to make this as easy as possible!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    I was thinking about flying SW, but they are not a participating airline. I thought about SW only because I thought I may be able to get a DING. I have never flown SW though, and am a bit concerned about the seating thing. Hopefully one of the participating airlines will have a great deal. I will not fly without it being VERY inexpensive. My parents are driving, and I could go with them, but we will be getting back from a 12 hour drive from VA Beach, and would prefer not to drive another 20 hours right away.

Thanks for all the help guys. I think I will look for the participating airlines FIRST. I definitely would prefer NOT to have to find my luggage and carry it to ME. I like to make this as easy as possible!
    Remember Angela, that it doesn't matter all which airline you use going there...and I would keep a watch on Ding...if it was low enough, it would be worth the hassle of dealing with your own luggage. Unfortunately, I never could get a good ding for coming home, but we are flying SW to Orlando...
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

Here's a thought....could you look for a good Southwest rate for your flight TO MCO and then look for a flight on a participating airline for your flight home. Depending on what you find, it COULD save you some money....and you'd still have a participating airline going home so you didn't have to handle your luggage.

If SW is low enough, I definitely would use them. I just rather not have to worry about luggage and all. DH is the one who I kind of follow around the airport. I never pay attention to where I am going, just sort of follow. The less stuff I have to look for and do, the better. LOL. Not a big deal either way. I do not mind asking for directions (unlike DH!) I have seen SW with some good DINGS. I have always bought tickets 6 months ahead of time. But since I have the option of driving, I am not going to book until something great comes up - whichever airline that is. I don't even have to make reservations until the week before if need be. But if 2 airlines have good fares, and 1 is a participating airline, I will opt for that.
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

I love DME!! It's awesome! I know they moved where it's located from our '06 trip to our '07 trip, but it was closer to us in '07!! Depends on what gates you come in I guess, but it's really not hard to find. There should be someone waiting for you at your baggage claim that has DME info. You can just ask them where to go.

As for your luggage...on your way there, it doesn't matter which airline you take, you'll get yellow stickers that list your hotel & your bags will magically arrive in your room later.

It's only on your return flight that the participating airlines matter...and even then it's only to check in & check your luggage, which yes, is great, but don't let that one fact deter you not using DME! If you aren't flying a participating airline, you can still use DME & not really worry too much about your luggage. You'll just check your luggage w/bell services & go about your day until it's time to catch the DME. Then you'll go back to bell services, get your luggage & bring it to the DME at that time. (Chances are bell services will be very close to where you pick up DME...it was at POFQ & CSR anyway.) You won't be alone & there will be people to load up the luggage for you. Then you'll get to the airport & check in & check your bags at your airline counter like you did on your way to MCO.

I understand your concerns, but honestly it's an awesome service & I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless I thought it was awesome!! :0)
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

I used SW for our trip there and then Delta for our trip back. It was just way cheaper for us to do them seperately and then I was glad we had Delta for the return trip, because they are a participating airline.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Actually, I am very lucky that I have lots of options. Even though my sister will have specific dates (don't know exactly when yet), I can come a day or 2 earlier/later for better flight deals. Plus, I have the option of driving with them for only 1 way if I cannot find decent flights both ways. I have never bought 1 ways before, but I will definitely be looking this time.
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards