Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kindle Q

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Default Kindle Q

I have been debating over a Kindle or a Nook and I think I have decided on a Kindle. One quick question - I am trying to decide if I need/want the 3G coverage. If I do not go with the 3G coverage do I have to have a wireless connection to download books or can I download them to my computer and then transfer them to my Kindle? Thanks
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

same problem here. Definitily know we are getting kindle, but my sister did a review and wants the wireless one for our mom (she is also buying them for inlaws.... so she has done lots of research. She believes that having the higher grade kindle would be better for our mom so she can have access to wirel4ess internet to download books when she is at dr office etc.....

not sure if this helps, but ......
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by pbhall13 View Post
    same problem here. Definitily know we are getting kindle, but my sister did a review and wants the wireless one for our mom (she is also buying them for inlaws.... so she has done lots of research. She believes that having the higher grade kindle would be better for our mom so she can have access to wirel4ess internet to download books when she is at dr office etc.....

not sure if this helps, but ......
    That is what we have been trying to decide - will my Dad use the 3G or should I get him the regular one. Oh the fun of all the decisions!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I bought the 3G for myself so I could download while traveling - I've done it a few times but not many. For my mom I just did the WiFi only one since she doesn't travel as much as I do and will probably just download to the computer or through her wireless at home.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I bought the 3G for myself so I could download while traveling - I've done it a few times but not many. For my mom I just did the WiFi only one since she doesn't travel as much as I do and will probably just download to the computer or through her wireless at home.
    Is it hard to download to the computer and then transfer to the Kindle? My parents do not have wireless and I am really on the fence.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I wouldn't imagine that it would be. I've never tried it but I have downloaded the Kindle PC software and read books while at work (Sshhh!). I would think it would be the same concept as iTunes - a drag and drop thingy.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Same here!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I have 3G for myself and love it. I can sit at the school picking kids up and get new books, when I sit at the pool while kids swim I can use it, when I travel I can use it. Just so nice. But if I get one for my mom she will mostly use it at home so her wifi should be good enough. Though if I had more money the 3G just makes everything so much easier.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Lots of great info. I guess I would need to get the 3G for myself and my DD21 so we could download while traveling and she can while sitting around her campus and whatever and I can while spending an entire day at the cancer center. After while I want have to research on my own with all of this great information you guys are sharing.
    Sunshine Rewards

After talking with my Mom I think I am going to go ahead and order my Dad the 3G one so that he can download books anywhere. Now, black or white?