Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you see this?

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Default Did you see this?

A man died on Expedition Everest yesterday. How sad.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...l_tab01_layout
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I had heard about that. It was sorta freaky that he was alive in the picture they take towards the end of the ride and then dead when it was over.
    Sunshine Rewards

That is sad. To look at it another way - What a way to go, riding a roller coaster. If it's my time I want to go having fun! No disrespect to the man that died or his family.
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I had heard about that. It was sorta freaky that he was alive in the picture they take towards the end of the ride and then dead when it was over.
    Oh I had not heard that at all!! WOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by gpp2001 View Post
    That is sad. To look at it another way - What a way to go, riding a roller coaster. If it's my time I want to go having fun! No disrespect to the man that died or his family.
    AND the most magical place on earth!! (Again, no disrespect!!)

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yeah someone had posted an article about it on the DIS yesterday and it was in the article. It did not say if he was sitting next to anyone or what happened. I'm assuming it was like most early deaths that there was an undetected condition. So sad right around the holidays as well.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Yeah someone had posted an article about it on the DIS yesterday and it was in the article. It did not say if he was sitting next to anyone or what happened. I'm assuming it was like most early deaths that there was an undetected condition. So sad right around the holidays as well.
    I need to learn not to skim articles!!

That just freaks me out. And I made poor Cassie ride that one even though she cried!

I guess when it is your time to go, it is your time to go. But it still gives you pause when it comes to riding some of these things. I know it will be a LONG time before anyone in my family rides Mission Space.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    That just freaks me out. And I made poor Cassie ride that one even though she cried!

I guess when it is your time to go, it is your time to go. But it still gives you pause when it comes to riding some of these things. I know it will be a LONG time before anyone in my family rides Mission Space.
    I totally get that, but on the other hand, people die of cardiac issues or have them creep up at the most random times (I had a peer who had an undiagnosed heart issue go awire in math class). I feel like sometimes when these stories come out, it's OMG the roller coaster, rather than, medical oddity.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Yeah...that's what keeps me going back on them. LOL! I am afraid of Mission Space though. Probably because it affected ME so much and I'm a big person. I am afraid how my girls would feel on it as tiny as they are. Of course, I won't let them ride the Beast at King's Island anymore because I got banged up on it so bad and can't imagine how their little bodies feel after getting bounced around. So I guess I base that stuff more on how I react to the rides than what I read about them.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Yeah...that's what keeps me going back on them. LOL! I am afraid of Mission Space though. Probably because it affected ME so much and I'm a big person. I am afraid how my girls would feel on it as tiny as they are. Of course, I won't let them ride the Beast at King's Island anymore because I got banged up on it so bad and can't imagine how their little bodies feel after getting bounced around. So I guess I base that stuff more on how I react to the rides than what I read about them.
    I agree that kids should be bigger to go on Mission Space for sure!! DH is not afraid of rides, but that one...HE'S the one thinking we shouldn't do it! Not me! I LOVE that ride!! Now...Tower of Terror on the other hand....I'm always looking for a way out of that one!!