Thread: O'hare ground transport?

Default O'hare ground transport?

What your transport of choice at O'hare. I'll be visting a friend who lives near Wrigley field. Is public transport worth it or should I take a cab?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I'd take a cab. When time are you arriving?

Public Transportation would only be an option if you were coming in anywhere from say 4pm until 7pm. (Rush hour from the airport is a nightmare.) If you took the L, you would either have to go downtown and change trains or get off at Belmont and take the bus. The L is by far cheaper but would take you a while longer.

If you want more info, PM me. I used to live in that area and know the public transportation system extremely well.
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Quote Originally Posted by gpp2001 View Post
    I'd take a cab. When time are you arriving?

Public Transportation would only be an option if you were coming in anywhere from say 4pm until 7pm. (Rush hour from the airport is a nightmare.) If you took the L, you would either have to go downtown and change trains or get off at Belmont and take the bus. The L is by far cheaper but would take you a while longer.

If you want more info, PM me. I used to live in that area and know the public transportation system extremely well.
    Thanks! Any not to be missed attractions in Chicago?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

If you're staying near Wrigley Field, you have to go to Salt and Pepper for breakfast. We went there all the time when we lived there.

Attractionwise - the Shedd aquarium is great, The Field Museum, The Museum of Science and Industry, and the Art Institute are all world class museums.

If you like to shop, State Street is a great place to go - there is a huge Macy's store (used to be Marshall Fields and the State street store was their flagship store - it's huge!). Michigan Avenue is also a great place to shop. There is an American Girl Doll store on Michigan Ave.

Lincoln Park Zoo is a great place to go - it's free and open in the winter. It's right on the lake.

There are a lot of Broadway type shows there - the theater district has really heated up there.

That's all I could think of right now. HTH!! Have a great time!!

Karn
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187