Thread: Crock Pot Cinna-Apples 'n Oats

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default Crock Pot Cinna-Apples 'n Oats

Crock-Pot Cinna-Apples 'n Oats

PER SERVING (1 heaping cup): 249 calories, 4.5g fat, 320mg sodium, 52g carbs, 7.5g fiber, 26g sugars, 4.5g protein -- POINTS® value 5*

This sweet 'n satisfying dish is like the love child of gooey cinnamon apples and brown sugar oatmeal. It's perfect for breakfast, dessert, or snack time. Yay!!!

Ingredients:
    8 cups chopped Fuji apples (about 6 apples)
    2 tbsp. brown sugar (not packed), divided
    1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, divided
    1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
    1 cup light vanilla soymilk
    1/3 cup sugar-free pancake syrup
    1/2 tsp. salt
    2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)

Directions:
    In a large bowl, mix apples with 1 tbsp. brown sugar and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Stir to coat apples well. Transfer to the crock pot.

In the empty bowl, combine oats, soymilk, 1 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon, syrup, and salt. (All remaining ingredients except butter.) Add 1 cup water and mix well.

Add oat mixture to the crock pot, and gently stir. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 7 hours.

Add butter and mix well. (Do NOT forget this step. Stick a Post-it to your timer if you have to!) Serve and enjoy!

MAKES 5 SERVINGS
    Sunshine Rewards

This sounds good!

One question here--on the last step, is that before or after you start the crockpot?
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

after it is cooked.
    Sunshine Rewards

Default 7 PointsPlus

Sounds amazing! FYI, it's 7 points on the new program though

yeah I'm not sure if I'm going to like that new program. I am so mad that I have to re-point all of my recipes. That one is a hungrygirl recipe - very tasty
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm not signing up for the new program until after the first of the year. I just can't deal with the holidays and trying to switch to the new point system at the same time. But I do want to learn it. I wonder how long it will take to get all of the packaged items switched over--like their yogurt, SmartOnes, etc?

I also added Weight Watchers as a sale on Sunshine Rewards rather than just an offer for people who have done it in the past but decide to try it again with a new membership.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I'm not signing up for the new program until after the first of the year. I just can't deal with the holidays and trying to switch to the new point system at the same time. But I do want to learn it. I wonder how long it will take to get all of the packaged items switched over--like their yogurt, SmartOnes, etc?

I also added Weight Watchers as a sale on Sunshine Rewards rather than just an offer for people who have done it in the past but decide to try it again with a new membership.
    I really like the new program. It's just what I needed to keep me on task through the holidays. It really helps those of us who may have become a little complacent or estimate our points somewhat liberally People at my meeting are showing good losses at the scale so I know it's working.

Our leader said that the packaged items will be switched over after the first of the year.

I love that fruits and veggies are 0 points. I hate that things like oatmeal are almost double because they are "carby". I just wish there was an easy way to guestimate points on the new system but I haven't read any. The old way was 50 calories = 1 point roughly.
    Sunshine Rewards