Thread: Ever send yourself a gift card?

Default Ever send yourself a gift card?

I sent myself a gift card from ShoeBuy.com with the intention of using it to buy some more Christmas gifts. I figured I would *try* it and see if I would get credit for both the gift card purchase AND the shoes that I use it to purchase. If not, oh well...

So, I bought the gift card yesterday at 1pm and received the confirmation of my order. The site said that e-certificates (the only kind they offer) are sent within 24 hours. When I hadn't received it at 1pm today, I called their customer service. They said that the order was "flagged for review" and when the "review" is complete, they will send the certificate. The CSR assured me that it WILL arrive today.

I know that there is a lot of gift card fraud going on right now, but once the charge went through on my credit card, why couldn't they send my certificate? I'm getting worried because I wanted to buy some shoes that are on their "private sale" which ends tonight. The order said it will be delivered today and the CSM said the same thing. I guess I am just a little frustrated because I want to place my order for the shoes and I can't unless I have the gift certificate. If the certificate doesn't come in time, then I can't get the shoes because they will be twice the price when the sale ends. On top of that, the shoes are showing "limited inventory" so I will be stuck with a GC that I can't use if the shoes sell out. (I know, I could use it eventually, but then I still have to fork over more money to replace the shoes that I am buying as a gift)

Thanks for listening...I'm just getting very impatient and frustrated.

Oops! Wonder if they flagged it for review because they knew what you were up to?

Let us know if you end up getting double credit - that seems like a flaw in their system but would be a sweet deal!

Well, in the interest of full disclosure, I did not buy the GC from SR. I bought it from a different site (for which I already have already received credit) and I planned on placing the order for the shoes through SR. I did not want to "double dip" at the same rewards site.

It is now 9:30pm and still no e-mail. I will give it until 10pm and then I am calling them again. If worse comes to worse, I will cancel the gift card order and just order the shoes through SR. I've done the same thing before (with two other sites) and it worked perfectly so this has me stumped.