Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon/Bad Mommy

Default Amazon/Bad Mommy

First, I'm a very bad mommy. I thought I purchased my girls number one toy that they asked for weeks ago. I remember the purchase and everything but I don't have the toys nor is it listed as an order with Toys R Us. I don't know if I just put them in my basket and went to another store to price check as I did a lot of that. Now I'm going crazy trying to find it and I did on Amazon.com but it's much more expensive. I thought they were suppose to be cheaper. I also found it on ebay but I've never purchase from them and they had some very questionable prices. Very confusing.

Anyway, Is Amazon not reasonably priced? I'm looking for the African American Video Barbie Girl.

And, I finally opened some of my boxes to start wrapping and found out that one of the talking toy story 3 dolls were missing so I called Mattel and they apologized but they were all sold out so they would have to issue me a credit.
    Sunshine Rewards

Amazon is usually really reasonably priced UNLESS you have to buy from a reseller on there. If the item is hot, the resellers will jack up the price like they do on ebay.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Have you tried Walmart? It might be in store only- not sure.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Amazon is usually really reasonably priced UNLESS you have to buy from a reseller on there. If the item is hot, the resellers will jack up the price like they do on ebay.

Okay, so that's what the different pricing meant. I've never shopped on Amazon either. Yes, it's a hot item.

Quote Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
    Have you tried Walmart? It might be in store only- not sure.
    Only online. I'm gonna send out my boys tomorrow to hunt it down. Hopefully, someone will find it.
    Sunshine Rewards

I just went on Walmart.com and you can put in your zipcode and it will tell you what stores in your area have it in stock.

There are THREE stores in my area that have it in stock. No prices are listed and the website says store prices may vary.

If you want me to go looking for one.......PM me. I'll most likely be heading out tomorrow night to finish my shopping. I have to go to Walmart.....I can call you with the price and see if you want to get it. I would have to ship it to you so that would add to the cost.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    With Amazon you have to be careful too...sometimes the re-sellers have a great price but the shipping is outrageous!

I would recommend trying WalMart too.
    Sunshine Rewards

Good luck, Lisa!
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Toys R Us is out of stock online but they are supposed to have it on sale for $29.99. Do you have any Toys R Us stores near you?

I am going there tonight or tomorrow, I can check my local store if you would like?

Send me a PM if you can't find it and you want me to check, good luck! Makes you feel like Santa Claus hunting down that last important gift!!

I have to check all of my boxes now..have them all stacked up in the closet, I should have been checking them as they came in. Never enough time in the day!!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

You guys are awesome. I really would appreciate the help. If the boys can't find them I definitely will PM you guys.

Carrie, last night I felt like the dad in Jingle All the Way trying desperately to find these dolls. LOL.

Yep, check your boxes. You don't need surprises like I got.
    Sunshine Rewards

lisa, we have no toys r us store nearby, but i will be going to wal-mart either tomorrow or sunday, and my DH drives right by there each day on his way to work (i'm pretty sure he'll be working straight through to Christmas Eve). these dolls are listed as being in stock at our store on walmart.com, and other stores close to us, so if you need them, please let me know, we'll get them for you and take them straight to the UPS store.