Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kindle Free eBooks

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    Amazon doesn't make the prices, the publishers do. Supposedly it has something to do with publishers not wanting Amazon to be the biggest seller and they don't want people to stop buying their hardbacks which are more expensive.

It is very annoying.
    That would make sense. And again, I'm still learning Amazon. I was probably the only online shopper that had never made a purchase with them. LOL. Maybe next I'll try again with Ebay which I've found very intimidating.

At first I couldn't get into the EReaders because I couldn't see not actually having a physical book in my hand and or not adding to my library but after exploring the Kindle, I think I would like to have one.
    Sunshine Rewards

I was the same way. I love my books, the paper kind. Loved them cluttering my room. But then I got to not liking the clutter and have been trying to be "greener." Supposedly if you read 40 books over the life of the Kindle it uses less energy then making the books. Well, I have read more then 40 in 6 months so I am sure I am being better for the environment as well. Now I love my Kindle. But I also buy some books and still borrow some from the library. Whichever way is cheaper and faster.
    <Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I do the same thing. I borrow paperbacks from friends, check out books at the library, lend my books toi people, participate in paperbackswap, and then buy from Amazon.com unless it is a series that I "collect" like the Shopaholic series where I want the hardback book for my shelf. I just love having less clutter in my apartment. I feel saner now.
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    That would make sense. And again, I'm still learning Amazon. I was probably the only online shopper that had never made a purchase with them. LOL. Maybe next I'll try again with Ebay which I've found very intimidating.

At first I couldn't get into the EReaders because I couldn't see not actually having a physical book in my hand and or not adding to my library but after exploring the Kindle, I think I would like to have one.
    I was surprised you weren't an Amazon or eBay shopper before this year. I shop Amazon probably more than anyplace else, other than Ebay. I shop Barnes and Nobles quite a bit, too, esp as a member you get free shipping, no minimum. This yr, I checked Amazon almost every day because prices/sales varied from day to day. I bought alot of dvds, cd, games and Amazon had the best prices.

Now, I am kind of wanting an eReader but haven't decided on which one so for now, I am using the app for the pc until I can make a decision.

have y'all checked out this site? LOTS of free and low-price books for the kindle that you can d'l from amazon.com. also some for nook (from b&n) and sony.

http://booksontheknob.blogspot.com/

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    have y'all checked out this site? LOTS of free and low-price books for the kindle that you can d'l from amazon.com. also some for nook (from b&n) and sony.

http://booksontheknob.blogspot.com/
    That is so dangerous. I love the Cecelia Ahern book they have listed for $1.99. I have it in hard cover so I'm going to keep it that way but it is so worth that price.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    I was the same way. I love my books, the paper kind. Loved them cluttering my room. But then I got to not liking the clutter and have been trying to be "greener." Supposedly if you read 40 books over the life of the Kindle it uses less energy then making the books. Well, I have read more then 40 in 6 months so I am sure I am being better for the environment as well. Now I love my Kindle. But I also buy some books and still borrow some from the library. Whichever way is cheaper and faster.
    I knew I had to do something when the twins were born. My shelves were overcrowded. Books were falling off the shelves and it became dangerous around here for them. LOL. It was either the books are them. So I boxed up a lot of my books and sold some and kept some. I'm often saddened when I think about the collections I once had.

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    I was surprised you weren't an Amazon or eBay shopper before this year. I shop Amazon probably more than anyplace else, other than Ebay. I shop Barnes and Nobles quite a bit, too, esp as a member you get free shipping, no minimum. This yr, I checked Amazon almost every day because prices/sales varied from day to day. I bought alot of dvds, cd, games and Amazon had the best prices.

Now, I am kind of wanting an eReader but haven't decided on which one so for now, I am using the app for the pc until I can make a decision.
    Nope, not a shopper of either. I've never understood Ebay. It's not from a lack of trying. I did a few times years ago before I gave up. I'm also afraid that I'm gonna buy something and it never arrives or it's junk when it does.

My purchase of the Kindle on Amazon went smoothly, but when I was looking for that Barbie Video I didn't understand why the same item had several different prices. Then Tricia told me that they were like Ebay with sellers.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    That is so dangerous. I love the Cecelia Ahern book they have listed for $1.99. I have it in hard cover so I'm going to keep it that way but it is so worth that price.
    lol, you're right, cate. over the past week or so, i've noticed myself checking the site at least once a day for deals.