Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dale and Thomas....ANGRY!!

Default Dale and Thomas....ANGRY!!

OK, so I won't be ordering from Dale and Thomas again. Although I love their popcorn, their customer service stinks. I hope anyone else who has had to deal with them has had better luck than I did. I tried calling last night about the orders that I never received, but nothing, just a recording saying to call back during regular business hours. It was regular business hours according to the web site, but given that it was the day after Christmas, I figure that the company was nice and gave their employees an extra day off. Anyway, so I call back this am with all my info ready. I waited on the line 20 minutes for someone to answer. Finally, I get a customet service agen (nice enough lady) I am not rude, I am always curteous on the phone, because I know the operators get a lot of slack. So after explaining that I never got my packages, which stated when I orderd them "guaranteed Christmas delivery", and were due to be here on the 17th, she puts me on hold to check on my orders. so I wait, and wait, and wait another 15 minutes...and man, is their musing irritating. Finally, the lady comes back and says that after researching my order she has discovered that my order is waiting to be picked up by UPS from their warehouse....WHAT!!!!??? My order hasn't even been PICKED UP yet???? What about your guaranteed Christmas delivery, I ask? She says, I'm sorry, but all I can tell you is that the packages are waiting to be picked up by UPS, and here are the tracking numbers. I tell her that I appreciate her researching my orders for me, and to let whomever needs to know that I will NOT be ordering from the company again in the future, as I had ordered the popcorn for Christmas presents, and had to go out and buy replacement gifts. Well, do you want to cancell the orders, she says? No, I want what I paid for, I tell her, but I am very disapppointed that I am paying the full shipping cost when my packages that were ordered on the 12th have not even left the warehouse yet! Nothing. She says "well you have your tracking numbers, so you'll know now when they go out." That's it. I used 2 $20 zcards to place my orders, and got a good deal on the popcorn but I'm thinking that I really don't even need the popcorn now that Christmas is over. I don't even want to eat it now, and I'll be stuck with 24 bags. I am thinking I should have just cancelled the orders and lost the z cards, but I wasn't thinking straight. I am still mad.

So if you ordered popcorn from D&T before the holidays and have not gotten it yet, don't hold your breath!

OK, sorry for my rant, but I hope everyone else has better luck with the company that I did.
    Sunshine Rewards

Unfortunately, I had the same thing happen with Gaiam. Only they cancelled my Christmas gift for my sister and didn't even tell me. When I called Christmas Eve looking for the tracking number, they told me that they cancelled it the week before because it was out of stock. I was crushed!! I had to scramble and end up giving my sister an impersonal gift card.

I was disappointed with the customer service at about 6 different merchants this year. It's too bad because I really liked a lot of their products. But it does leave an extra bad taste in your mouth when it impacts gifts you were going to give others.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with them. I used them 4 times this Christmas and they were all as promised.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I'm so sorry - that really sucks! I've only ordered from D&T once and i received my shipment okay - but that was in November.
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    OK, so I won't be ordering from Dale and Thomas again. Although I love their popcorn, their customer service stinks. I hope anyone else who has had to deal with them has had better luck than I did. I tried calling last night about the orders that I never received, but nothing, just a recording saying to call back during regular business hours. It was regular business hours according to the web site, but given that it was the day after Christmas, I figure that the company was nice and gave their employees an extra day off. Anyway, so I call back this am with all my info ready. I waited on the line 20 minutes for someone to answer. Finally, I get a customet service agen (nice enough lady) I am not rude, I am always curteous on the phone, because I know the operators get a lot of slack. So after explaining that I never got my packages, which stated when I orderd them "guaranteed Christmas delivery", and were due to be here on the 17th, she puts me on hold to check on my orders. so I wait, and wait, and wait another 15 minutes...and man, is their musing irritating. Finally, the lady comes back and says that after researching my order she has discovered that my order is waiting to be picked up by UPS from their warehouse....WHAT!!!!??? My order hasn't even been PICKED UP yet???? What about your guaranteed Christmas delivery, I ask? She says, I'm sorry, but all I can tell you is that the packages are waiting to be picked up by UPS, and here are the tracking numbers. I tell her that I appreciate her researching my orders for me, and to let whomever needs to know that I will NOT be ordering from the company again in the future, as I had ordered the popcorn for Christmas presents, and had to go out and buy replacement gifts. Well, do you want to cancell the orders, she says? No, I want what I paid for, I tell her, but I am very disapppointed that I am paying the full shipping cost when my packages that were ordered on the 12th have not even left the warehouse yet! Nothing. She says "well you have your tracking numbers, so you'll know now when they go out." That's it. I used 2 $20 zcards to place my orders, and got a good deal on the popcorn but I'm thinking that I really don't even need the popcorn now that Christmas is over. I don't even want to eat it now, and I'll be stuck with 24 bags. I am thinking I should have just cancelled the orders and lost the z cards, but I wasn't thinking straight. I am still mad.

So if you ordered popcorn from D&T before the holidays and have not gotten it yet, don't hold your breath!

OK, sorry for my rant, but I hope everyone else has better luck with the company that I did.
    I anxious to know what your tracking numbers say as to UPS was notified to pick them up.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

How frustrating!! I can't believe that they just let it fall through the cracks and weren't even willing to make it up to you. That's not the impression of Dale & Thomas that I had.

Onlineshoes also promised Christmas delivery so I ordered my DS8 a new pair of shoes, of course they ended up not arriving, no apology from the company, no explanation

I had to give him a pic of the shoes, luckily he was a good sport. The darn shoes aren't even scheduled to be delivered until 1/2!!!

I won't order from them again either.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    I anxious to know what your tracking numbers say as to UPS was notified to pick them up.
    I'm willing to bet nothing was even done with my order until the moment that the CS lady checked on it. While I totally understand the busy time of year and all, I am just dissappointed that there was no mention of making things better or even an appology from the CS rep. That's what bugs me the most, even more than having to go out and buy replacement gifts. I didn't have any problem with any other online ordering I did this year. It's too bad too, because while I have always thought D&T products were WAY overpriced to start with, I have always thought them to at least be a reputable company that must be willing to stand behind their products and their customers if they were going to be charging that much in the first place.

Tricia, sorry you had difficulty with the other company too. That is really poor service to not notify you that something was going to be cancelled.

I don't think that companies take the word "guarantee" seriously anymore at all!

That's probably THE THING that I love most about SR, is the awesome customer service! Believe me, you really appreciate it even more when you get "dissed" by those other companies out there!!
    Sunshine Rewards

I placed an order on Nov 13th and requested it to be sent on the 21st. About a week before that, I got an email saying it had be shipped and the arrival date was the 24th. I was so mad. I also had called several weeks before and requested an earlier delivery date but never heard anymore so I didn't worry about that. I called them and after many times of saying how disappointed and upset I was, they are refunding me the shipping cost. What if I was already out of town??? If it is guaranteed to be delivered by a certain date, it better be. Doesn't make sense to me.
    Sunshine Rewards

I've heard (on other boards) that A LOT of people have had these kinds of problems with D&T this year, which I find especially bad when you consider how many e-mails they sent in December promising X-mas delivery. I tried them for the first time in November & have placed 3 orders...2 were late and the third was really late- didn't even show up on their website as pending until I e-mailed CS. (But it HAD shown up on my credit card) Plus, now that I am addicted to peanut butter and white chocolate drizzlecorn, they are out of the 2 gallon tins of it

I will probably order from them again, but I certainly wouldn't depend on them for an upcoming gift. (And I certainly wouldn't pay full price either!)

Susan

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I have 5 orders floating out there and no one to get an answer from actually. I have emailed them several times about this with no response. I can't call from work since I do reservations and cant tie up the phone. I am love their popcorn but an disappointed as well.

Kim

I placed my first order with them and it was suppose to be here yesterday. I checked the website, no tracking info was available. I had to call, which took forever because I was on hold. They looked it up and gave me the number, it was delayed becuase of a train derailment (no fault of D&T) and now when I checked, the box was destroyed so they sent it to the shipper. I was really hoping to see if it was really as good as I was hoping, but I guess I won't be able to now! I don't know if they plan on re-shipping it. I hope to hear from them soon.
    Jess
    Sunshine Rewards