Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dale and Thomas....ANGRY!!

WOW...I am glad to know that I am not the only one...and like others say, they DON'T return e-mails to their customer service. I ordered on the 12th with a deliver on or before 12/19...well I had purchased it for a Christmas gift...well it hasn't arrived and like others I paid $7.95 to have delivery BEFORE Christmas. Horrible customer service...especially for company that PUSHED e-mails daily about delivery before Christmas!

I e-mailed them again today to see if I can get an answer, sure would like it for New Years Eve, I am sure that won't happen, they only have 2 more delivery days.

I am sure they overextended themselves with the zCards, got too many orders, but that certainly isn't the consumers fault. I agree that the popcorn is good, but NOT NOT NOT worth $4.00 a bag...and I won't ordered from them again, unless of course they sell it for about a buck a bag like I was able to get.

All in all, not a great experience with them, especially when you needed it for gifts. I had done three orders with them previously and had no issues, always arrived on or before promised...not this time!

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who had difficulties! The difference with my experience, though, is that I think that UPS was a MAJOR player in the drama. I placed my D&T order on 12/12 and was "guaranteed" to be shipped within one business day & be delivered on or before the 20th. That sounded perfect because we were heading out of town for Christmas that night.

I thought it was strange that I didn't get a shipping update & the website never showed that my order had shipped. I FINALLY got a tracking confirmation from UPS on 12/19 saying that the package would be delivered on the 27th (i.e. today) which leads me to believe that D&T didn't ship my order when they promised they would.

I made a number of phone calls to both UPS & D&T to figure out when the package would actually arrive. I got several answers from several different people at each company. I kept telling them "I am probably the first person to ever ask for slower shipping but since you didn't deliver by the original deadline I cannot risk you delivering any earlier than the revised date or it will sit on my porch while nobody is home". Some people couldn't tell me a thing about when the package would arrive & others swore it would arrive today. I couldn't get a straight answer from ANYONE, even though I explained over & over that I didn't want it sitting at my apartment for days advertising that nobody was home. And wouldn't you know, when we arrived home in the wee hours of the morning on the 26th, the package was there. Ugh! I didn't mind that it was delivered, but I still don't know how long it was there announcing that nobody was home. Since there was no UPS on Christmas Day, it had been sitting there for a MINIMUM of a day and a half.

The fact that I got it after Christmas was no big deal because it was for my husband & since we're always traveling on Christmas, we never exchange gifts on the day. It's always early or late depending on the travel schedule. So that's no biggie. But I DON'T appreciate the run around I got from both D&T and UPS in trying to be sure that the package didn't sit out. Which it did. I'd agree with what someone else said above: if you do order from D&T in the future, don't do it with any timeframe in mind because they seem to operate on their own schedule - regardless of what they promise from the beginning!

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with them. If they had any sort of relationship with UPS, UPS should be there picking up packages EVERYDAY (especially before the holiday), so there should be no reason why the item hasn't shipped yet. The only day that UPS was off was Christmas Day, so there's really no exception!!

Most of the time tracking numbers update at the end of the day, so hopefully you'll be able to track it by tonight.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I'm really sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with D&T. I ordered a total of 3 times from them this year without any issues. I guess I got lucky. Now I may rethink my ordering based on your experience.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I just got shipment notification of the order that was to be received on the 19th!! They must have gotten my complaints, though they never responded, because it is being delivered on Monday, they sent it next day on Friday for a Monday delivery.

Horrible service, but at least they are sending it quickly since I told them I needed it for New Years since it wasn't here for Christmas.

I know I shouldn't complain, I did get a good deal on it, but it still doesn't leave you feeling good about D&T.

WOW!! I sure am sorry to hear about all of these bad experiences!!! I placed an order way back in November and scheduled it for delivery the week before Christmas so we could take it on or WDW trip with us. It arrived on the 17th (at 8:30 PM!!!) . It was a great snack to have while away from home and we actually brought a couple of bags home with us that we never even tried. I did also receive emails letting me know it was shipped and all.

Sounds like the best time to have it delivered is at least the week before Christmas and to not depend on anything making it too close to Christmas especially with Christmas Eve being on a Monday this year. Sounds like they were over their heads in popcorn this year and just could not keep up with deliveries so close to Christmas. I think they should not have promised delivery if they were not going to be able to fulfill although it also sounds like UPS had a hand in the slow deliveries.

It IS wonderful popcorn though and I will order from them again but will not have the delivery time less than a week before I need it.

I got my popcorn today. I am glad I got it for New Years. It will be a nice addition to a couple of gifts for the few after Christmas exchanges we still have.

But...I will be sending off an e-mail about my dissatisfaction overall, and I doubt very highly I will order again.

Much too expensively priced product for such poor customer service in my opinion!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mum4jenn View Post
    WOW!! I sure am sorry to hear about all of these bad experiences!!! I placed an order way back in November and scheduled it for delivery the week before Christmas so we could take it on or WDW trip with us. It arrived on the 17th (at 8:30 PM!!!) . It was a great snack to have while away from home and we actually brought a couple of bags home with us that we never even tried.
    I have 2 bags left and just added them to the goodie bags I'm making to give my kids when we leave on our WDW trip 1/20. Great idea --- thanks!!!

Well mine got delivered too today...so that is nice.

I am going to drop them a line about their lack of customer srevice and how I shouldn't have to pay the $7.95 for before Christmas shipping to have it arrive a week after! But I am sure it will fall on deaf ears!

Quote Originally Posted by schachteles View Post
    Well mine got delivered too today...so that is nice.

I am going to drop them a line about their lack of customer srevice and how I shouldn't have to pay the $7.95 for before Christmas shipping to have it arrive a week after! But I am sure it will fall on deaf ears!
    I didn't specifically mention this, but I did mention that I expected more of them with "guaranteed Chrismas delivery" plastered all over their pre-Christmas e-mails, and also given the fact that the web-site states that the packages go out "next day."

I explained that the thing that made me the most upset was that there was no apology, nor any explanation offered as to why my package waited so long to be shipped out.

Im still angry about it, but I did get a good deal.
    Sunshine Rewards