Thread: BEWARE Fujifilm / PhotoWorld Shipping Charges

Default BEWARE Fujifilm / PhotoWorld Shipping Charges

I spent over an hour yesterday uploading photos for this site and picking 83 photos to print to keep my order under $10. They had an offer to get 40 free and their shipping charges on their website show $2.99 for orders from $5 - $9.99 so I made sure my order came to $9.96.

I went to check out and the shipping charge comes to $4.99. They are on reduced holiday hours so I have to wait until today to contact them and I did so by Live Chat thinking that would be the quickest. As you'll see, at one point I was sitting there waiting for over 10 minutes.

In the end they tell me that their website is wrong and that's it. What a waste of time! I'm not ordering from them at all. It reminds me of a certain tea/coffee company that wouldn't honor their website pricing either!

Here was my chat:

Welcome to LifePics, Carolyn will be right with you.

Carolyn: Hello One moment while I check your cart.

Michelle: are you still checking?

Carolyn: yes, sorry.

Michelle: I didn't think this would take over 10 minutes, so I have to leave. Would you please just let me know your answer. This is the first time I was going to use your company, but I have to say I'm not very happy with the entire experience. I've put a lot of time into just trying to place my first order.

Carolyn: OK i just looked on the photo world's administrative side. Orders from 5.99 to 9.99 are charged with 4.99 shipping.

Michelle: That is not what your website says. It is very clear that orders from $6 - $9.99 are $2.99. What kind of company clearly puts it's shipping information on their website and then charges other pricing?

Carolyn: I am sorry but this was posted as an error I will contact the Account manager for photo world and have the shipping information changed.

Carolyn has ended the chat.

I Live Chatted with her this morning and their "incorrect" shipping prices are still up there 10 hours later. What a huge waste of time!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by IckyMickey View Post
    I spent over an hour yesterday uploading photos for this site and picking 83 photos to print to keep my order under $10. They had an offer to get 40 free and their shipping charges on their website show $2.99 for orders from $5 - $9.99 so I made sure my order came to $9.96.

I went to check out and the shipping charge comes to $4.99. They are on reduced holiday hours so I have to wait until today to contact them and I did so by Live Chat thinking that would be the quickest. As you'll see, at one point I was sitting there waiting for over 10 minutes.

In the end they tell me that their website is wrong and that's it. What a waste of time! I'm not ordering from them at all. It reminds me of a certain tea/coffee company that wouldn't honor their website pricing either!

Here was my chat:

Welcome to LifePics, Carolyn will be right with you.

Carolyn: Hello One moment while I check your cart.

Michelle: are you still checking?

Carolyn: yes, sorry.

Michelle: I didn't think this would take over 10 minutes, so I have to leave. Would you please just let me know your answer. This is the first time I was going to use your company, but I have to say I'm not very happy with the entire experience. I've put a lot of time into just trying to place my first order.

Carolyn: OK i just looked on the photo world's administrative side. Orders from 5.99 to 9.99 are charged with 4.99 shipping.

Michelle: That is not what your website says. It is very clear that orders from $6 - $9.99 are $2.99. What kind of company clearly puts it's shipping information on their website and then charges other pricing?

Carolyn: I am sorry but this was posted as an error I will contact the Account manager for photo world and have the shipping information changed.

Carolyn has ended the chat.

I Live Chatted with her this morning and their "incorrect" shipping prices are still up there 10 hours later. What a huge waste of time!
    Wow that stinks and I would be mad too! What poor customer service.
    If your looking for quality photos XXXX is excellent (fuji prints) or Kodak. their the only 2 I use.

April
    Last edited by m 'n c; 12-28-2007 at 12:20 AM. Reason: against forum rules to post merchants not on SR.
    Sunshine Rewards

It amazes me that no one cares about their customers anymore! (Except for SR and a couple of other merchants.)
    Sunshine Rewards