Thread: So disappointed....Disney Charm Bracelet

Unhappy So disappointed....Disney Charm Bracelet

Remember the 24 kt gold Disney Charm bracelet featuring 37 Disney Characters from the Bradford Exchange that we were all drooling over???

DH ordered one for me for Christmas (through SR ) right after Thanksgiving. The confirmation said it would take 6-8 weeks for delivery. Imagine my surprise when it arrived today.

The bracelet itself is nice. The charms are awful. The picture on the website shows the charms sparkling, and said they were plated with 24kt gold. If they are plated, they were plated before they put whatever the covering is that is supposed to be the characters.

The Seven Dwarfs look crosseyed, Simba looks like he's seen a ghost, Pooh's mouth is crooked and Snow White looks like someone bashed her face in. The rest of the charms are not any better. They don't look anything like the picture in the advertisement DH showed me. The bracelet was $200. It's not even worth $50.

Needless to say, I'm sending it back. I'm very surprised and disappointed. Usually the Bradford Exchange has quality items. I was really looking forward to wearing it. DisneyShopping had a bracelet sometime ago that was all 14kt gold even the charms. I should have bought that.

Just wanted to let everyone know not to waste your money.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

That is heartbreaking! So sorry to hear that!
    Sunshine Rewards

Oh that is TERRIBLE Kathie! For something that costs $200, is should at least be realistic looking. I am so sorry this was such a disappointment.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm so sorry! I saw that in a magazine and tore it out and thought about it fo several days, as I just thought it was so cute. I'm so bummed for you that it looked junky.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Thanks all of you! I feel bad for DH. We decided not to buy each other much this year since we have a few big trips planned for this year and next. He bought me that and a couple of little things. He was bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice28 View Post
    I'm so sorry! I saw that in a magazine and tore it out and thought about it fo several days, as I just thought it was so cute. I'm so bummed for you that it looked junky.
    Junky is the right word. It looks like dime store stuff. I wasn't going to post, but I didn't want anyone else to order and be disappointed too. I'm glad I did.

We are going to Walt Disney World in April. DH said we can look for something there. Maybe I'll have a few Disney Gift Cards to add in and get something really expensive!!!!!

Oh, no! Did you complain to them? I wonder if they have any that are better (that actually look like the picture)? They usually have really nice quality. It is odd that it is so bad. I wonder if they were trying too hard to get them all out by Christmas because they were advertising them so heavily?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

i know how you feel i picked out some earrings that dh brought me from there they were $100 on the site they look shiny and the diamonds sprakle in real life they are pale and you cant even tell that there is diamonds on them i wouldnt pay $30 bucks for them i'm sending them back dh is disapointed he thought he was getting me something really nice
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Oh, no! Did you complain to them? I wonder if they have any that are better (that actually look like the picture)? They usually have really nice quality. It is odd that it is so bad. I wonder if they were trying too hard to get them all out by Christmas because they were advertising them so heavily?
    I had to send a letter with the return stating why I was unhappy with the bracelet and was returning it. I said pretty much what I posted in my original post.

DH had bought the bracelet from Collectiblestoday and not directly from Bradford Exchange. Since they are just an online store, I don't think they have anything to do with the quality. They do guarrentee your satisfaction but have limits as to how long you can keep the item before you return it.

This was the only bracelet pictured and was the one advertised in magazines. At $200 I expected better quality. Maybe I will contact Bradford Exchange anyway and let them know.

There isn't a lot of jewelry out there in gold and even less in Disney jewelry.

DH also bought me a 14kt gold Tinker Bell charm. He had a friend pick it up at WDW in November. He is getting sneaky in his old age. That is beautiful and I have just the chain for it.

I haven't given up hope that I will find something to replace the bracelet. A few years ago I found a gold tennis bracelet with cubic zircona Mickey Heads at Disneyland. That is wonderful. This way I can actually see what I am getting. I'm sure I will find something.