Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DON'T USE Beauty.com $10 off $60!

Default DON'T USE Beauty.com $10 off $60!

I just clicked through Sunshine Rewards' link for $10 off a $60 order. The discount was in my shopping cart when I clicked "Confirm order" but then my order confirmation showed no discount and a full-price charge to my card!

I called Beauty.com and they said the code is not theirs, it's Sunshine Rewards so they can't honor it. Wha....?! Sounds like bait-and-switch to me!
    Sunshine Rewards

Wait a minute.... that does not make any sense. The code is actually on their site, not ours. When you click on the link, it takes you to THEIR page that says:

Get $10 off your order of $60 or more!

Limited time offer - Get $10 off your Beauty.com order of $60 or more, plus free shipping.* Your special discount will show at checkout.

*restrictions apply - see below

Are you sure that you didn't have something in your cart that was excluded?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Default Links to Promos - Sunshine Rewards' Responsibility or the Companies Themselves?

I posted about this in the Shopping Forum, but now I am curious about the technical aspects of this problem:

I clicked through a link on Sunshine Rewards' Beauty.com page for $10 off a $60 order. Everything worked until AFTER I placed my order, when I discovered I'd been charged the full amount. When I called Beauty/Drugstore.com, they said the link wasn't theirs and I should contact Sunshine Rewards to get my $10 back. That sounded fishy to me, but they insisted that Sunshine offers and maintains these promos....

Can someone clear this up for me?
    Sunshine Rewards

Exactly! It's on their site!

I had one item in my cart - a Bliss skincare product. Here's what they say is excluded from the offer:

"Minimum purchase doesn't include, and offer doesn't apply to, prescriptions, contact lenses, gift cards, gift certificates, magazine subscriptions, bulk orders, applicable shipping charges or sales tax. Entire amount must be used on a single order, and balance may not be carried over. Offer cannot be combined with some offers, transferred or redeemed for cash, and is limited to once per household. Void where prohibited by law. U.S., APO/FPO and U.S. Territory shipping destinations only."

Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

These codes are sent to SR from the merchants. SR doesn't make them they only post them. Besides the link takes you to their wensite which shows the discount. SR has no control over what shows up on their website. This would most definitely be an issue with Beauty.com or with the transaction itself in that there may have been items placed in the cart that aren't eligible since it does say that restrictions apply. I am certain that Tricia will look into the issue and find out where the problem lies.
    Sunshine Rewards

First, we have a disclaimer on our site that the companies are responsible for their own promotions.

Second, we are looking into this issue but Beauty.com clearly has this listed on their site as THEIR promo. I don't know why they told you what they did. I just did a test purchase and the $10 worked just fine for me. If you can provide Cindy with any information about your purchase, she can contact our rep there and figure out why they told you that. When you clicked on the link for the $10 off, did you see the page on their site that had the $10 off promotion and the disclaimers for when it applies?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Was the one item a $60 item? You have to spend $60 in order to get the discount and when I tried to repeat the purchase to see if I could figure out the issue I couldn't find any Bliss items that were $60. If you tell me what you were ordering I will try it out and see what the issue may be. HTH!
    Sunshine Rewards

I went back and read the restrictions, and they were "prescriptions, contact lenses, gift cards, gift certificates, magazine subscriptions, bulk orders, applicable shipping charges or sales tax."

I had one item - nonprescription Bliss skincare - and it was exactly $60. The Beauty.com rep I spoke to obviously has no idea what he's talking about.

I bet Tricia will get to the bottom of this!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    First, we have a disclaimer on our site that the companies are responsible for their own promotions.

Second, we are looking into this issue but Beauty.com clearly has this listed on their site as THEIR promo. I don't know why they told you what they did. I just did a test purchase and the $10 worked just fine for me. If you can provide Cindy with any information about your purchase, she can contact our rep there and figure out why they told you that. When you clicked on the link for the $10 off, did you see the page on their site that had the $10 off promotion and the disclaimers for when it applies?
    Yes - I got this page on Beauty.com's site:

http://www.drugstore.com/user/promo....9T.Tz7su63WGtw

In my frustration, I had Beauty.com cancel my order, but I can give Cindy that number and the item name ($60 Bliss Item Sleeping Peel Serum) - how do I contact her? Thanks!
    Last edited by lurkyloo; 12-28-2007 at 02:15 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Sorry I'm posting in two threads about this! I just wrote on the other one that it was a $60 Bliss Item - the Sleeping Peel Serum.
    Sunshine Rewards