Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPS?

Default GPS?

Anyone have a GPS out there they love? I'm thinking about getting one. I'm leaning towards the Magellan 3200 or 2000.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

My dad and my brother both got TomToms for Christmas. Really easy to set up and use. I think if we get one in the near future that's what we'll get.
    Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Riyaa View Post
    My dad and my brother both got TomToms for Christmas. Really easy to set up and use. I think if we get one in the near future that's what we'll get.
    I really liked the Tom Tom I saw, but supposedly it used a worse set of maps than Magellan and Garmin.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

It is ironic, but my DH and I unknowingly got each other a Garmin Nuvi. I did a lot of research and questioning people who had them, and got him a 350......but not before I did a LOT of comparison shopping to get a rock bottom price. My DH got me a 200.......not a lot of bells and whistles, but just fine for me and, I might add, easy to use. If you have a Best Buy near you, they have a nice display of all sorts of models in demo mode. I played with the 350 before I bought it.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    It is ironic, but my DH and I unknowingly got each other a Garmin Nuvi. I did a lot of research and questioning people who had them, and got him a 350......but not before I did a LOT of comparison shopping to get a rock bottom price. My DH got me a 200.......not a lot of bells and whistles, but just fine for me and, I might add, easy to use. If you have a Best Buy near you, they have a nice display of all sorts of models in demo mode. I played with the 350 before I bought it.
    My Best Buy did not. I could see a little, but some were just searching for a signal. ;(

I like the nuvi as well. Does the 200 have the pedestrian setting?

We love our Garmin! I don't know what we did without it. It is so nice to have turn by turn directions. We used it while on vacation in DC this summer, and it made getting around a breeze. It was also awesome when we were stuck in traffic after a concert this fall and took a back road. All we needed to do was tell the GPS to take us home and it lead the way down roads we didn't even know existed!!

learn to geocache... it is so much fun :-)
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

or geotagging photos...
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    My Best Buy did not. I could see a little, but some were just searching for a signal. ;(

I like the nuvi as well. Does the 200 have the pedestrian setting?
    I have the book for the 200 in front of me and it doesn't say anything about a "pedestrian setting." Not sure what that is. I checked the book for the 350 and didn't see that either. Sorry.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    I have the book for the 200 in front of me and it doesn't say anything about a "pedestrian setting." Not sure what that is. I checked the book for the 350 and didn't see that either. Sorry.
    Can you set it to have directions when you're walking.