Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WW for 2011

Default WW for 2011

I started a couple days ago. I have done WW once before, back in 1993 to get those college pounds off. I am doing it online this time. Bought a scale today and am tracking points. Pleased how simple it is. I have a lot to lose- I ideally would like to at least get to the weight I was when I got pregnant with our first child. Which is about 45 pounds.

So......baby steps. Of course the first goal is to get that 5% off. I am idealistically hoping to lose 1-2 pounds per week and really step up the exercise. I am just so tired of looking at pictures of myself and not being able to believe I am really that fat.

My weigh ins are going to be Tuesdays. Anyone want to join me in keeping each other motivated and accountable? So far my $5 is already pending in my SR account for clicking thru here first, LOL.

I am going to DIsneyland in a week. I debated starting WW after we came back, but forget it. I want to start NOW. I have enough points to play with that I can still be successful.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I am going to start over after the 1st of the year due to traveling. I normally weigh in each Monday morning.
    Sunshine Rewards

I used to weigh on Mondays but am going to start doing it Thursdays this time. Not sure why! I just always feel much better on Thursdays when it comes to progress than any other day of the week. LOL

We have a New Years party here tomorrow night and then I am leaving for Vegas next Saturday, so I am doing a sort of "soft launch." I went ahead and weighed in and have started adding points for the foods that I will eat when I am fully back on plan. I've been calculating values for all of the "old foods" that I have eaten in the past when I have been successful on it.

I installed the App on my phone. It is definitely good for just straight point calculations. But to look up foods or add my daily points, I will need to use their mobile site like before.

One good thing that I found is that Zumba is about 14 points for me right now. With 2 of those a week plus starting mini marathon training, I will have a lot of activity points to help me ease back in. Eating out is always the hardest part for me.

I need to start back to WW. About 3 years ago I lost 29 lbs. Over the past year I have has some health issues and have felt pretty lousy a lot of the time. Not that that is an excuse. but I have gained back about 1/2 or a little more of the weight that I lost. I need to get back on the plan to get the weight back off, along with my dh, who will do it along with me if I start back...he has gained weight back as well.

I know the plan is a little different now than even a few years ago when I was active, and I am (was) considered a lifetime member when I finished. I need to physically go in to a WW center and find out what is involved in starting back up. I don't think I would be successful with doing just the online plan...I need the physical accountability.
    Sunshine Rewards

first weigh in and 1.8 lbs lost. I will take it!
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Quote Originally Posted by Alice28 View Post
    first weigh in and 1.8 lbs lost. I will take it!
    congrats Robin!!! That is awesome! Baby steps for sure. that's how I became a lifetime member.....need to get my arse back there b/c I have gained a couple pounds over the rather inactive holidays here.....My meetings are Weds but I only have to weigh in once a month. I am aiming to lose another 10-15lbs though.....
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

I have a WW question here. If I sign up and do it online, how do I figure out how many points I'm supposed to have? Will the site tell me that? I've seriously considered it a few times, but never taken the plunge and joined WW. I'm just too much of a picky eater for me to tell if it would work for me. I have a friend in a different city who started about 10 days ago. The fact that she's taken that step and had success so far is enough to make me look into this again. God knows I have the time since I'm still not working yet.....
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

When you set up your online profile, it will tell you how many points you have. Then as you enter the foods, it tells you how many points each food is worth. As you lose weight, your point value will automatically go down.

Even if you are a picky eater, you will find food to eat on Weight Watchers. I actually cook within points for my family every night and no one ever complains. Everything from soft tacos to pasta to baked fish. Even a lot of "shortcuts" like the whole wheat chicken helper work and are low points. Fruits are free now, which is nice. Most veggies always have been. The carbs are the hardest.

I weighed myself today. Down 9.2 pounds so far! WOW. LAst week was SO HARD for motivation, as I was sick and then stressed out over personal matters. I definitely had chips, chocolate, etc but I did continue to count points for everything that went in my mouth, AND I ramped up the exercise the last few days. So, to say the least, I am PLEASED!!! How is everyone doing?
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

I cook for my family almost every night and no one has complained because I really am not doing anything differently. Last night for example, we had breaded oven baked chicken patties on hamburger buns, baked fries, green beans and cut up apples. I just put very little light mayo on my sandwich, only had 3-4 fries, but loaded up on the produce part of it. When we have pasta, I measure my pasta, and just have 1 small piece of bread instead of the 2-3 pieces I used to have. Etc. The key for me is portion control with those carbs-I literally get out my measuring cups to measure the rice, pasta, potatoes, etc. Due to chronic kidney stones, I have to avoid a lot of foods that are good for you- anything high in oxalate. Therefore whole wheat and wheat germ, dark green veggies, berries, and much more are on the NO list for me. So.....if I can make Weight Watchers work, I think just about anyone can!
    Sunshine RewardsRobin