Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disney Half Marathon

We had a great time. The text alerts seem to work for us as well. We saw my daughter and BIL at the 4.1 mile mark and the 8 mile mark and at the finish.

It was her first half marathon and she loved running thru the castle and thought the whole race was just great. She's 21 and loves Disney.

We went to MK and Epcot after the race. It was a 20 hour day, but definitely a magical one!

My sister really wants me to do this with her next year..... give me the good the bad and the ugly of it all, PLEASE!!

I think it would be great, i just have not run in over 20 years!! YIKES we would do half marathon, but now intrigued by the tag out one....

any advice would be great!!

thanks pamela
    `
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Pam,
    I can't give you any advise because this is the first time we will be down there to race too! DH isn't really a runner so we have compromised and are doing the 5k. Actually my two DSs and their friends are also running it and another couple we are going with are walking the 5k!!

Hopefully the weather cooperates and it's not too cold!
    Melissa

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

there is a 5 K in january? I will have to check that out..... 13 miles just seems like a lot to me right now!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

I'm doing the 1/2 marathon in October for Food and Wine.....it'll be my 1st!!
    Jennifer -

Quote Originally Posted by pbhall13 View Post
    there is a 5 K in january? I will have to check that out..... 13 miles just seems like a lot to me right now!!
    It's called a Family Fun Run but you have to be able to walk/run 16 minute miles. There is no winner I think so it will just be a fun thing to do with my family.
    Melissa

Yes- there are always Family Fun Run 5K's as well as kids races! My husband has done the Wine and Dine 5K (which was from the TTC through MK and back) and the Royal Family 5k during Princess weekend (through World Showcase). He had fun during both, but preferred the MK route a little more. They have characters out on all of the races.

For the Princess 1/2, I signed up my husband's phone and mine to get the alerts and it worked well. They sent a text at the 5k, 10k, 15k and finish. There wasn't more than a few minutes lag time so I thought it worked well.

13.1 does sound like a lot...well, it IS a lot! But you have a good amount of time for training and building up to that too! I e-mailed you some info from the Princess race I did plus my blog link to give you an idea of that race. If you have any specific questions, let me know!

I think after running a Disney race, some other races will pale in comparison! Everyone was so encouraging from the volunteers, cast members, spectators and other runners!
    Sunshine Rewards