Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plane tix to London

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default Plane tix to London

Hey guys,

Mike and I are going to try and swing a trip to London/Countryside of England/Scotland in late May. I have no idea about pricing plane tickets and what is a good price and what is not. Does anyone have any tips for us? I'm finding tix for around 950pp if we were to buy now. Is that reasonable or high?
    Last edited by m 'n c; 12-31-2007 at 01:27 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Yowsers! $1K a piece?!

Just for giggles, I did a search on airfare from NYC (where I'd fly out) and even that was $650-850. I also tried to see if farecast.com would offer a low/high comparison, but quickly realized they mostly just cover domestic.

Hopefully other SRer's can be of more help.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

That's too expensive!!! Previous research had tickets around 4oo-5oo pp roundtrip! Keep searching. Do you guys belong to AAA? They have great packages.

Good luck and I'll keep my eyes open!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Well the thing is the tickets are only $500 its the taxes, fees, etc that are making up the other $400 in the fare. I'm just not sure if it will fluctuate any.
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

WOW, that's a lot in taxes. I don't know for sure, but I would think $950 is a decent price. My friend lives in Amsterdam & just flew home for the holidays...her ticket was $3000--for coach!! YIKES!! Granted it was during the holidays & to non-stop (MSP)....but still! WOW!

She told me that if I could ever get anything less than $1000 that's really, really good! Again, this is to Amsterdam, so I don't know about London, so I guess I'm not really any help, sorry!!

I hope you guys can go! It's my dream to be able to go to Europe someday! When does your dad leave? Is your mom & brother planning on going that same time as you?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Let me do some looking for some deals or coupons that we might have but that are not put up.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    WOW, that's a lot in taxes. I don't know for sure, but I would think $950 is a decent price. My friend lives in Amsterdam & just flew home for the holidays...her ticket was $3000--for coach!! YIKES!! Granted it was during the holidays & to non-stop (MSP)....but still! WOW!

She told me that if I could ever get anything less than $1000 that's really, really good! Again, this is to Amsterdam, so I don't know about London, so I guess I'm not really any help, sorry!!

I hope you guys can go! It's my dream to be able to go to Europe someday! When does your dad leave? Is your mom & brother planning on going that same time as you?
    My dad just had to get a ticket to go to Brussels in 3 weeks and it was $7k for coach so I can totally see $3k for your friend. I think we'll (well I'll) have to just cut back on shopping the next few months to swing the ticket. It won't be too terrible.

My dad is suppose to be leaving mid-March to go over full time and my mom and brother might swing a trip then if spring break falls in line with it. Then she wants to go back another time. I'm kinda hoping not when Mike and I go because family vacations are very stressful.
    Sunshine Rewards

Oh and that ticket is on British Airways and nonstop. So we would only have to be on the plane for 9 hours which sounds good to me.
    Sunshine Rewards

I JUST priced tix today from Philadelphia to Heathrow. DH is probably taking a business trip in the next month and I was curious to see if we could swing taking the kids out of school and freeloading in his hotel room. The RT tix were $514 on United and American(including taxes). It's a 1 stop in Dulles (only a 45 minute layover - just enough for everyone to stretch their legs). BA was $60 more for non stop. Once he gets the 100% go ahead to book his tix, I think we'll go too - only because the hotel will be paid for. If he wasn't going for work, we wouldn't even be considering it...this definitely is a very expensive time to go to Europe with the poor value of the dollar.
    Sunshine Rewards

Yeah I just priced britrail passes. They are pretty pricey as well. i'm not sure what we are going to do now. We really want to go and I know my dad will appreciate us going but the cost is really starting to scare me. I guess I'll continue to watch prices and start our shopping ban/eating in more program to try and save money so we can go. Luckily our WDW trip in Sept is pretty much paid for its just a shame its all in WDW gift cards so it doesn't make sense to postpone disney this year to go to England. We'll just have to work hard to save up and find some free stuff to do over there and make the most out of it.
    Sunshine Rewards