Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plane tix to London

Quick q-I *think* you once mentioned Mike studying...is he a person with a student ID? If so, you might look at STA.
    Sunshine Rewards Gotta make SM for Q3 2012-Gotta get back up on the SM hoss

Follow Wdwnotjustkids on Twitter

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Quick q-I *think* you once mentioned Mike studying...is he a person with a student ID? If so, you might look at STA.
    Unfortunately he is studying for the CPA not through a school so that won't work. I definetly thought about STA though. I even thought about youth tickets on the britrail but I'm 26 not 25 anymore (their cutoff).
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm bumping this ancient (3 years old, holy poop) thread. It looks like I'll be going to London in June (Mom wants to see Wimbleton, and she says she's paying for the hotel room anyway-no brainer, right?) Ticket prices are painful atm, any tips?
    Sunshine Rewards Gotta make SM for Q3 2012-Gotta get back up on the SM hoss

Follow Wdwnotjustkids on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I'm bumping this ancient (3 years old, holy poop) thread. It looks like I'll be going to London in June (Mom wants to see Wimbleton, and she says she's paying for the hotel room anyway-no brainer, right?) Ticket prices are painful atm, any tips?
    Heather,

June thru end of August are a killer on airfare to europe!! I would say if you are somewhat flexible on the day of the week you fly you *might* get a little bit of a better deal.......... once the schools around here get out they prices fly.... also try aerlingus.....

we had to cancel our Ireland trip last summer (mainly due to dd's health, but then when we were cleared and I wanted to book the tickets it was going to cost over 5000 for the 3 of us to fly!!! decided to wait, either this summer - if a really great deal pops up -- or head to my sisters in laws in Maui)

Good Luck!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I think we bought around this time and BA was having a sale. Sign up for their weekly emails and you'll see when the deals are. Sometimes they will give you free hotel nights which will help out with the overall cost.
    Sunshine Rewards

June will be more expensive - DH has made two trips in the last couple of months and the cheapest flight from PHL to LHR was around $1400. His corporate travel department does his scheduling and they have found BMI (British Midland) operated by another carrier (usually US Airways) to be the cheapest. I would imagine slightly cheaper from NY area airports or maybe we'll see an airfare war. I'd sign up for travelzoo, keep your eyes on the forums at flyertalk and sign up for any and all emails from international carriers.
    Sunshine Rewards

We are going in March.... I think.... trying to see if I can pull this together this quickly... any tips or ideas welcome.

Has anyone flown virgin atlantic...they seem to have decent prices and good flight times....

Thanks
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Not sure what the prices are for the summer months or flying to London but we just booked our flights for next October to Barcelona and we paid $787.10pp not too bad considering we paid $702.00pp when we went in May 2008., both were direct flights. We kept watching the flights, some days it was up to $1300 pp, it was fluctuating on a daily basis....just keep watching and grab it when you think it's a good deal. Doubt if you'll get something below $700 because gas prices keep going up and the airlines keep raising their prices. Good Luck..I hate buying airfare.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

SUPER MEMBER SINCE 1/2/2007 AND 6x SUPER MEMBER PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by faithhope View Post
    We are going in March.... I think.... trying to see if I can pull this together this quickly... any tips or ideas welcome.

Has anyone flown virgin atlantic...they seem to have decent prices and good flight times....

Thanks
    i haven't heard anything negative about VA. What are you looking to do over there?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by faithhope View Post

Thanks
    The sooner you can book, the better. March shouldn't be "high" season so you might be able to score a "decent" price. Just check every day as they fluctuate greatly. If you're headed to London, be sure to look into "London Walks." !Fantastic! guided tours and they are inexpensive. And of course, the typical tourist "must-dos", the Eye, Tower of London, British Museum, Changing of the Guard, Westminster Abbey, Horseguards. I can't wait until we finally sell our house so we can go back. We London!

(p.s. here's just one website where customers rate airlines. http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/vir_atl.htm We haven't flown VA, just US Airways and BA so we can't comment)
    Sunshine Rewards