Thread: OneShare.com

Default OneShare.com

Has anyone done this? How does it work? Is it worth the investment?
    Sunshine Rewards

It depends on what you are doing it for. If you already have accounts set up for your kids, I would not do it through OneShare because you pay a bit more of a fee than you probably would through your broker. If you are doing it for someone besides your own kids or do not have an account already for your kids, it is really a cool gift idea because it is something that has the potential to be a good long term investment for them plus is just cute.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

My Dad gave me a stock of Disney when I was in high school through OneShare. You only purchase one share, but you get it framed. It is very cool to have that to display. As for investment wise, I can't add money or additional stocks to it. Very cool to have to display though!
    Amy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    My Dad gave me a stock of Disney when I was in high school through OneShare. You only purchase one share, but you get it framed. It is very cool to have that to display. As for investment wise, I can't add money or additional stocks to it. Very cool to have to display though!
    That is what we did for our kids for Christmas two years ago...they are very cute, glad that we did...it wasn't about the investment, it is about the framing they do. I think they made like $0.46 in dividends last year.

I've always wanted one of these for me. It's so nice and would look great with all my other Disney artwork. It's a good amount with the framing etc.

If I look at it as art and not stock, it's what I would spend. I'll have to think about it.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Thanks guys! I thought they would have made really nice Christmas gifts for the kiddos, but for some reason I forgot about them. Maybe as a birthday gift this year.
    Sunshine Rewards

We did the one share,( Disney) for the little Girl next door , who is going to be 3 on jan 5th!

was a tough call Disney or Tiffany

We did get $5.00 credit! to SR account, was also able to find a code for free shipping!
    Last edited by Peter; 01-01-2008 at 07:28 PM.

I bought Disney stock for the grandkids for their birthdays every year till a few months ago. My broker informed me that if you purchase just one share, to get that cute Disney stock paper they send you, is now 100.00 or some outrageous thing like that.They don't want to have to issue paper stock anymore I guess.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    I bought Disney stock for the grandkids for their birthdays every year till a few months ago. My broker informed me that if you purchase just one share, to get that cute Disney stock paper they send you, is now 100.00 or some outrageous thing like that.They don't want to have to issue paper stock anymore I guess.

Framed it was $122 on that site so that is quite a bit. I think the site is offering free shipping for a limited time.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards