Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Nook Owners: In Case You Didn't Know...

Default For Nook Owners: In Case You Didn't Know...

you can get cash back for ordering nook books from B&N.com through SR! i gave it a try, figuring if i got credit, awesome, if not, oh well. but it works! now whenever DD orders a book for her nook, mama gets SR credit!
    Last edited by iluvamystery89; 01-06-2011 at 11:41 PM.

I hadn't given it a try yet, but I was hoping it would work!
    Provided by FLMNetwork.com

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

it works! i have two pending right now!

I just got the nook and I'm confused. Did you order from the computer or from the nook. If you order from the computer do the books automatically download to the nook? Can you tell I'm not a spring chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by secretmoney View Post
    I just got the nook and I'm confused. Did you order from the computer or from the nook. If you order from the computer do the books automatically download to the nook? Can you tell I'm not a spring chicken?
    If you order on the computer, as long as the book is in your Nook library in your B&N account, it should automatically transfer to your Nook (did you register your Nook with your B&N account when you first turned it on?). If it does not automatically show up on your Nook, there is a little circular arrow on the bottom left of your screen in the library screen of your Nook. Hit that button, and it should bring up anything you downloaded on the B&N site. It took me a while to figure that out, but I played around with a couple of free samples first so I didn't waste money. HTH!
    Provided by FLMNetwork.com

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

which nook do you have? mine is the 3G + wifi, and all i do is order the books via my computer, then i turn on the nook , tap the library button, scroll down to "check for new b&n content" and it connects, then the screen will list what i downloaded. i choose the one i want (using the up and down arrow buttons and the long button with the "o" on it on the right side), then tap "download" and wait until it's done. the book is then ready to read. if i've bought more than one book, i go back to the content page and repeat the process for the next book.

Thanks, I have the wifi version. I bought a book and it all worked fine, but when I look at my library online there is a download button. Is that to download the book to the computer or do I need to finish the process somehow?

Thanks, I have the wifi version. I bought a book and it all worked fine, but when I look at my library online there is a download button. Is that to download the book to the computer or do I need to finish the process somehow?
    in your library page on b&n.com, you don't need to click download, unless you're going to sideload the book to your nook from your computer. all books you order, apparently, stay on your library page on b&n.com, until you archive them. once you get the book to your nook, there's no need to do anything else congrats! you did it! i felt so accomplished when i figured out how to d'l books, lol. NOW, i just have to figure out how to get them from my library's website!

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I have found several great sites for downloading free books. Inkmesh has books for the various eReaders but this is a direct link to the Nook ones. http://inkmesh.com/free-ebooks/?site=nook

There were so many that I got tired of wading thru all of them and just narrowed them down to the 4 stars ones. From there, I read various reviews. I have 61 books, all free, downloaded. Several are the Kaplan books, I got them for the girls. Several more are books I am hoping Grace will taking a liking to and the rest are more. Several may not end up being my taste, although I only picked books that sounded like something I would read. At any rate, they were free. So, only my time wasted.

I too have a Nook and have bought quite a few books from B&N (through SR). I also got a library card and have gotten ebooks from the library. It's been a while, so I don't remember the steps, but I do remember it was very easy. What's nice is once the book is "due" back to the library, it disappears from your Nook. No more overdue library books for me.

I love my Nook!!
    Barb