Thread: UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Default UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

twice in a row now OTX has TICKED me off! I never had a problem with them in the past but twice tonight I took a loooooooooooooong survey one on cars and then again on blackberry's and after I answered ALL of their questions good 20 mins on each it asked my age and after I put it in the next screen tells me I did not answer the survey honestly and did it incorrectly so it's invalid????????? what?????? It's a survey I've seen before and they want MY opinion so how could it be incorrect and not honest? And if it was WHY in the world would they say that after they ask my age and not during the 20 mins I invested into it?????? UGH!!!

Ok thanks for letting me vent, but this was a first OTX has ticked me off!

PS Let me add that I walked away after the first one and came back, I tried to take another one and it said I hit my quota for the day so i let it go to see if it would credit on the hour. It did not, so then I went back in and it let me take the 2nd one thus doing the same exact thing!
    Last edited by askomsky; 01-01-2008 at 11:03 PM. Reason: update
    Sunshine Rewards

I had the same problem today. Like you, I have real good luck with OTX. So, I was surprised to have so many problems today. For me, it was a survey about vacuum cleaners. I know there were 2 spots during the survey that I had to enter 3's for security purposes. But, I got all the way to the end and it told me I didn't answer honestly. Well, I did answer honestly, but the first time I took it, my Mom called. So, I was talking to her while trying to complete it. So, I was distracted and may have done something wrong. But the second time I took it(5 hours later), I made sure to concentrate and answer honestly and I still got nothing. Oh well. I give up now.

I had exactly the same problem with the OTX survey today. I did one this morning that took 25 minutes. When I typed in my age at the end of the survey it told me I WAS NOT BEING HONEST!!! It wouldn't let me take another one until about an hour ago when I did another 30 minute survey and again when I typed in my age I got the same "DISHONEST" message.

I wonder if maybe their tech support people are not working today and so we are seeing more problems than usual?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I took the vacuum cleaner one today and got the same thing - entered age and they told me I didn't answer something right and was being dishonest - it took me about 30-35 minutes to get to that point. I know sometimes I go through the classification questions quicker than I probably should but no matter how many surveys I take I'm still going to be white and married. Not much thought to that. Maybe they think we are lying about our age
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by HollyD View Post
    Maybe they think we are lying about our age
    I only wish I were.LOL...

I just had a thought. I think their system needs to take a math class. When I fill out the first page, it asks what year I was born(1968). But, I don't turn 40 until September. So, I answer truthfully that I am 39. But, obviously OTX doesn't like that answer. I hope OTX fixes that problem real soon.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Whew! Glad it's not only me but that really stinks that all of us took 2 survey's for them then we get to the end and add our age and bc their code doesn't like that it's 2008 we're not getting credit.

It makes me feel better knowing that I'm not by myself. Like Kycha I thought during the first one I missed the "enter 3 for security purposes" bc there were 2 but I made sure I did it on the 2nd one and slower and still had the same error.
    Sunshine Rewards

I got the vacuum one a few days ago, and it credited fine. I, too, wonder if it's a technical problem that won't be fixed until they are back in the office.
    Andrea

So, after realizing OTX was having a math problem. I tried for another one. Got the same vacuum cleaner survey. This time for the final qualifying question, I told them I was 40 and I was able to finish it. Well, I still have to wait for the the hour to see if it credits.

Just wanted to let you all know that the screw up is OTX' and not us being dishonest. And I really hope they fix this glitch tomorrow.

ETA: I did get credit.
    Last edited by Kycha; 01-02-2008 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kycha View Post
    I had the same problem today. Like you, I have real good luck with OTX. So, I was surprised to have so many problems today. For me, it was a survey about vacuum cleaners. I know there were 2 spots during the survey that I had to enter 3's for security purposes. But, I got all the way to the end and it told me I didn't answer honestly. Well, I did answer honestly, but the first time I took it, my Mom called. So, I was talking to her while trying to complete it. So, I was distracted and may have done something wrong. But the second time I took it(5 hours later), I made sure to concentrate and answer honestly and I still got nothing. Oh well. I give up now.

You didn't do anything wrong as the exact same thing happen to me for the exact same survey. Vaccum Cleaners. It was really exciting too. I took it for almost an hour!!! They thanked me, as me my age, I told them and they said I didn't answer honestly!!! LOL. I hit my back browser to make sure I had read the question correctly. Yep, unless they know something that I don't know, I'd think I'd know my age. Hhhmm, maybe I need to call my mother and confer with her....LOL.. That's too funny, but they want get me the second time. I'd love the extra credits, but I don't have a free hour to just give them and they not give me back anything in return. That was my first, my last OTX!
    Sunshine Rewards