Thread: Help with a Wireless Router

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Default Help with a Wireless Router

Ok - For Christmas, DH got me a wireless router to go with my newer computer. After several unsuccessful tries, I finally got the wireless router to work and I was so happy. Last night I thought that I would be able to sit in the family room with the kids and watch a movie and take SR surveys - Not! I am able to get the internet connection but I can't log into SR. I tried several other sites that require a password and I keep getting the same message - incorrect user name or password. I know my SR password! Any suggestions? I am ready to throw the router in the garbage. Or the router is a Linksys and when I called customer service they were not much help - as long as I can use the computer wireless they didn't want to help me. They could care less about the fact that I can't log into SR or facebook! Help?
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

My dh called back 3 times and got 3 different people. Your internet provider needs to set something on their end and tell you what to do. He couldn't believe the first conversation he had with a girl rep. She knew nothing. The 2nd person helped my dh considerable. I don't know why he called again, but whatever our cable company did, they had it working for him. It isn't you, you need to call your internet provider.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Thanks, I finally got everything working! Fingers crossed that I don't have any more problems. I guess it is like Disney - you just have to keep calling back until you get a good agent!

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    Thanks, I finally got everything working! Fingers crossed that I don't have any more problems. I guess it is like Disney - you just have to keep calling back until you get a good agent!
    That's with every company!!

Glad you got it working. I don't know what we'd do around here without wireless.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    That's with every company!!

Glad you got it working. I don't know what we'd do around here without wireless.
    Everyone is loving the wireless!