Thread: Using another computer for SR?

Default Using another computer for SR?

Lookin' for help...

After Christmas, we were out of town and visited the public library. I logged into SR, did some fast crediting offers and got some to credit on the spot. I also did some daily surveys but didn't get credit for all of them. I was missing that one on 12/28 and thought it was because it had to be added manually. But now that the bonuses have posted, it looks like all 12/28 surveys have been posted and I didn't get credit for that survey. (P.S. I always went back to the survey page and it said I exceeded the daily number)

So, here's my question...can you use any computer to do surveys and offers on SR or is there a higher risk that you won't get credit. What if I use my laptop and then switch to my desktop - is that too risky? I'm not a big techie kind of person and have no clue about how history and cookies, etc, work.

Thanks for any advice!
    Sunshine Rewards

Using a public computer just makes it harder to get credits because if anyone happened to have used that computer or IP address to do those surveys or offers before, you will not get the credit. If you only do it every now and again, it isn't likely to cause a fraud issue.

The other problem is that a lot of public computers have firewalls up that block certain cookies so that no matter what you do, you won't get credit.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I'm not sure if you've read all the survey pages but sometimes there are surveys that will fall through the crack and post later in the week/month so maybe some of the ones you did at the library just happened to be of that kind.

Otherwise I don't think there is an issue with using different computers. I think you'd be fine switching between personal computers (I do sometimes). I think public computers are just different because there is so much junk/cookies/spyware loaded on them that you can't clean them and there is a possibility of less crediting on them than personal computers.
    Sunshine Rewards

thanks - there was only 1 survey that didn't credit for me and that was the one on 12/28 that everyone was posting about earlier today. For whatever reason, it just didn't show up for me but I did get my bonus.

I thought maybe using a computer not my own was the problem. That ISP address and all...not sure what it is but didn't know if it was important to always use the same one when doing surveys.

I'm pretty comfortable with the fact that the computer I was using was at a public library. Everytime you exit, it "supposedly" clears the cookies and logs off. (There are a lot of privacy issues/laws when it comes to public libraries not keeping a history of what books or movies you've checked out or websites you've visited so the computer is cleaned off pretty good when you're done at the terminal.) Not like at a coffee shop or some other public computer which, I can only imagine, must get so full of junk.

Thanks for the help!
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

When you are going to switch between computers in your own home make sure that you go through the whole process on one computer. If you do a freebie offer on the laptop you have to click the confirmation email on the laptop and not on the other. If you start the shopping process on one computer be sure that you are completing it on the same computer. Accounts can have as many ISP addresses as you want with no issues. The issue is that one ISP address can not be associated with more than one account so no sharing computers with other SR members.
    Sunshine Rewards