Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Five Years of SR! Share Your Memories

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Well some of my favorite forum memories over the years has been Party with a Star offers, Chingy pinball tournament, and rub my duck discussion. LOL

My favorite non-forum memories have been when I've received my cashout no matter how big or small and used it to buy something I needed or wanted. Sometimes it went to things like Christmas presents and other times it went to a fun vacation.
    This!
    Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I remember these memories. I loved planning my wedding and having everyone vote on my dress. It was so much fun and much more relaxing doing it online than any other part of the process. I can't wait to have everyone help with paint colors next week. I feel like I've been growing up on here with you guys.
    I was totally thinking this the other day...you and Mike are like the SR couple.

I've been around for a while, and I love you all. However, the time I really knew how great everyone here was was when Tricia's uncle died and I posted about sending flowers. The outpouring I got from my fellow members was amazing. I loved the Boston meet and the WDW Meet.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

WOW...I have to say I was really surprised when Tricia posted about the 5th SR birthday...the time has really flown by since I became a member over 41/2 years ago!

I have lots of memories from here. Among my favorites:

The Boston meet up and the meet at Kathie's house. So wonderful to put faces to names and posts. So many genuine and lovely ladies I have met that I consider true friends!

Sitting at my computer (desktop at the time) on hot summer nights with a yummy frozen drink and participating in chat while trying to figure out Tricia's and Cindy's crazy clues to win contents in the forum and laughing so hard my dh thought I was crazy!

Being at Disney and reading all the birthday wishes here in the forum a few years ago.

My first time receiving a giftcard in the mail and not quite believing it was all real!

All the awesome online merchants I have been introduced to that I never knew existed!

Praising my dh up and down the first time he remembered to go through SR when making an online purchase!

The absolute best for me overall is the wonderful cameraderie I have found here and genuine friendships that have formed! I may no longer be a big earner, but I will stay loyal to SR. Tricia's integrity has proven itself true. Can't imagine not having SR around!

Happy 5th b-day SR!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Most of my favorite moments with SR have happened recently. Although I've been a member for over two years, it has only been recently that I've had the time to commit to earning. Before, it took me a year to earn $25. Last quarter, I earned enough to become a SM for the first time! That is so exciting for me because it made me feel like I finally made it on SR! I'm part of the elite club

Also, I love watching SR grow. From more survey opportunities to the expanding list of merchants, SR gets better and better. Can't wait for the next 5 years!
    Kayla

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

My memories have got to be the amazing people I have met through SR. FIRST was the trip to MOA where Jen showed us the best MN had to offer. Then Disney Cruise helped me become so close to so many cool people...Cindy, Shelly, and Traci by name. The Disney SR weekend at Saratoga Springs in the Treehouses brought cool friend, Magical Jen, back!! These are friends I can call on in good times and bad in my life. I know they all feel the same way. Shelly is even making the ultimate sacrifice and spending time at WDW with me next month when I have to fly down for a conference. Where else can you find a friend who would leave her job to hang out at WDW for 4 days?? (Work, I am going for work )

There are some cool people here at SR...cool people...
    Last edited by ligrumpygirl; 01-22-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Forgot the MOA trip! How could I?!?
    Sunshine Rewards

First and foremost...my best "memory" is getting caught up with an old friend!

And all the support of the members on the forum. Everyone really wants to see people succeed here. That's great. And of course, cashing out for Disney Gift Cards! My last trip in September was the most awesome trip I have ever taken, and it wouldn't have happened without the extra money from SR.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

My best memories are how incredibly nice and caring the people on this board can be. The Sunshine forum is unique for being exceptionally friendly, fun and just plain nice.

Running home, after work, to do as many freebies as possible for whatever contest was running.

Coming home, after work, to just to check the forum to see what everyone was up to. Kind of like Facebook. LOL

Catherine and Mike's wedding...I still talk about the zoo wedding reception and wonderful honeymoon pictures. And, just yesterday, I was telling someone about the oven mitts and the puppies. LOL

Blessing and Miracle...they are both and they are fun to watch grow up. I tell my friends who are struggling to conceive about them.

Tricia's girls. They are fun to watch grow up, they remind me of my girls.

Magical JenK's bullies.

Gift cards, gift cards, gift cards...they allow me to spend money without a guilty conscience.

Running into Tricia at Disney, last summer. I felt like I had just seen a movie star. My kids thought I was crazy for going up to her. But, she is incredibly nice, down to earth and normal. So, I guess she isn't a movie star. LOL

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

I'm pretty late in this game...January is like a blur...so first, Happy Belated Birthday SR!!! So many of these memories made me smile!

When I joined SR there wasn't a forum...it came about 3 months after I started & it couldn't have been at a better time...the forum really made us family & when I needed support I got it. Whether financially (oh yes, those were the days when we crashed the site getting the Disney GCs at a discount LOL), or just being there when I wanted to talk about Disney, my bulldogs, As Seen on TV Products or getting motivating for working out...this support turned into friendship!

Real Life friendships even!! Who would have ever thought, Friday night chats w/drinks (like diet coke of course) would turn into people giggling to this day about Partying w/Chingy & planning trips to meet each other?! Or how could we forget the gift exchanges or surprise gifts we'd sent other members just 'cuz (but of course going through SR to get credit!!). DH was always shocked when I'd get something in the mail from one of my "internet friends"...hahahaha.

To me, it's just amazing that a site brought so many random (no offense) people together & so many of us have continued to follow each other even when not on SR (via Twitter, blogs or FB). It's truly a family here & even though I haven't been on as much as I used to, know that I love you all, miss your stories & smiles & wish SR years & years of continued success!!
    Last edited by Magical JenK; 02-03-2011 at 12:50 AM.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800