Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, headed back...

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Default Ok, headed back...

It's been a long, long time (too long) but I'm headed back to WW for a meeting tonight! I have the monthly pass & I wouldn't let myself cancel it. My theory is if I canceled it, it would be too easy to slip back into bad habits, if I didn't cancel it, it was financial punishment to me!

So I've had 3 months of financial punishment...enough is enough! I'm back & ready to face the scale...ok, there's a bigger part of me that just doesn't want to look, but I will. And next week the number WILL be lower!

Jeez...maybe I shouldn't have posted this...I probably scared people away from being my buddy!! ("Oooh I don't want to be Jen's buddy...she's gonna need a lot of help!!")
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

I've been easing us back in my just counting points unofficially in my head this week. But we'll be back on the online plan (which I also never cancelled) starting Monday. I'm really dreading it, which sucks. Last night I was so hungry that I actually ate a peanut butter cracker, and I HATE peanut butter. I become a true witch when I go through the carb withdrawal. But I just have to push through it because it will all be fine after a couple of weeks on plan. We're pretty used to it here because we do tend to spend about half of every year on plan. It's the other half of the year that kills us....

Hey Jen,
    I hope that things went well on your trip back to WW. I know it can be hard (esp. after that holidays). I haven't been to WW in years and it shows. I'm really hoping that I can at least get myself back on the program if not to the meetings. I really want to make 2008 the year I get healthy ( and look great!) My thoughts are with you!
    Jeannie

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Weight Watchers was not the key for me. Don't know why but it never caught on. I am desperately seeking right now a cookbook that involves nutritional food. KWIM? I have watched a couple of episodes of that show You are What you Eat on BBC and I swear I could eat healthy if I had the recipes. I tried You on a Diet and they had nothing but flipping beans. Sheesh I was tired of tomato based dishes and kidney beans. Did one of the trainers on Biggest Loser write a cookbook? I dont want another diet. I really want a lifestyle change. Something where I change the types of foods we eat without counting or figuring up anything. There has to be something out there that just tells you the good foods to eat and gives you recipes for how to prepare them so it isn't boring. Any suggestions? LOL Maybe I need a therapist instead.
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    We're pretty used to it here because we do tend to spend about half of every year on plan. It's the other half of the year that kills us....
    I TOTALLY know what you mean!! I'm super good for a long time & then WHAM....all that's gone in a Chipolte fix! I wonder if I'll be better this time because our Disney trip is later in the year this time??? Then I'll only have 1 bad month (December) & then back on track come new years 2009??

Oh wow...how sad, I'm already planning my 2009 new years resolution & assuming I failed my 2008 one that's all of 4 days old! Talk about needing a therapist!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    I TOTALLY know what you mean!! I'm super good for a long time & then WHAM....all that's gone in a Chipolte fix! I wonder if I'll be better this time because our Disney trip is later in the year this time??? Then I'll only have 1 bad month (December) & then back on track come new years 2009??

Oh wow...how sad, I'm already planning my 2009 new years resolution & assuming I failed my 2008 one that's all of 4 days old! Talk about needing a therapist!!
    Now that is funny! BUT you will not fail at this. You WILL accomplish your goals this year! I have faith in you, Jen. When you get your buddy, you 2 will lose and be healthy together. I think this will be a good year for all of us.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Weight Watchers was not the key for me. Don't know why but it never caught on. I am desperately seeking right now a cookbook that involves nutritional food. KWIM? I have watched a couple of episodes of that show You are What you Eat on BBC and I swear I could eat healthy if I had the recipes. I tried You on a Diet and they had nothing but flipping beans. Sheesh I was tired of tomato based dishes and kidney beans. Did one of the trainers on Biggest Loser write a cookbook? I dont want another diet. I really want a lifestyle change. Something where I change the types of foods we eat without counting or figuring up anything. There has to be something out there that just tells you the good foods to eat and gives you recipes for how to prepare them so it isn't boring. Any suggestions? LOL Maybe I need a therapist instead.
    I have a few suggestions on recipe books:
    1. Any Holly Clegg cookbook
    2. Weight Watchers cookbook (found at B&N or BAM). I just got one for their all time fav recipes at christmas and the recipes look devine
    3. Fix it and forget it slowly (crockpots) have nutritional values for each recipe and you can easily tailor it to the way you want it

I think by just eating recipes from those cookbooks and measuring portions (not talking counting cals/carbs/points) and some moderate exercise will help. Once you start eating that way you will hate to eat out because it will feel "greasy" to you.
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

That is my point Catherine. I am so craving veggies lately but I don't want to just go out to the Farmer's Market and buy them and then not know how to cook them. Thanks for the suggestions. I have a membership to the cookbook club still so I am going to order a few and fulfill my membership lol
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Janet - start a new thread on cooking veggies. I have some methods but could use some more as well. Are you opposed to can or frozen?
    Sunshine Rewards

Iím right there with you ladies. I havenít been in about 2 or 3 weeks. I should of gone last night but Iím exercising like crazy this week and part of next before I jump on the scale. I made my husband take all the good Christmas candy we got to work. Plus, my DD (4) told me I had a flabby buttÖshe sure does know how to make me feel good. Thatís all I need to get me motivated.

I would love to hear how other people cook there vegetables. Iím not much of a cook and could us a little help.
    Cindy

Sunshine Rewards