Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney bans children...

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Default Disney bans children...

ORLANDO, Fla. (Jan. 5) - The home of Mickey Mouse, Tigger and Tinkerbell has banned kids from its fanciest restaurant.

Beginning this week, children under 10 are no longer welcome at Victoria & Albert's in the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Victoria & Albert's is Walt Disney World's only restaurant with an AAA five-diamond rating.

"We want to be the restaurant that's available for that adult experience," said general manager Israel Perez.

Only about three families a month ever brought young children to Victoria & Albert's, said Rosemary Rose, Disney's vice president for food, beverage and merchandise operations.

Men are required to wear jackets, and women must wear dresses or pantsuits. The hushed atmosphere features live harp music, and the menu, which changes daily, offers seven-course dinners that can last as long as three hours. Prices start at $125 a person.

Rose noted that there are plenty of dining options for families at Disney, which World has 97 other full-service restaurants.
    Sunshine Rewards

wow, but i don't have a problem with this at all.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Yeah I have no problem with htis either! Adults need a 'place'...we ban our kids sometimes
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

I totally agree. I'm not surprised given what a big hit Palo is on the cruise.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Well that is a move in the right direction. I wish they'd make Pleasure Island 18 and up again or 21 and up. Last time I was there (now this is 4 years ago when I went to PI) there were young kids crawling all over the dance floor at midnight. I don't really want to see a kid in a bar with me.
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

I agree as well...just wanted to see what the opinions were. PP are all right that adults need their own time and place...in fact I am wishing for that right about now!!
    Sunshine Rewards

This is a great idea.
    Catherine, I do believe PI is back to the 18 or 21 I thought that is what I had seen. It might have even been 21. Our oldest wanted to go and then I think we found out it was back to 21 to go into the clubs. (I may be wrong on this)
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

well i think its a good idea, now if they did that for a lot of resturants that would be another story, but V&A is not a family/kids resturant its an Adults resturnat! and like Tricia said like Disney Worlds version of DCL palo!

With all the places to eat at disney... I do not think anyone will have a problem with this infact it may bring in more business...
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

Well, personally as a mom of 3 kids, I wouldn't take my kids to this kind of dining experience. They would be bored to death and I would not want to pay those prices so that DD7 can ask for chicken nuggets and fries

I'll stick with Club33.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
    This is a great idea.
    Catherine, I do believe PI is back to the 18 or 21 I thought that is what I had seen. It might have even been 21. Our oldest wanted to go and then I think we found out it was back to 21 to go into the clubs. (I may be wrong on this)
    I know at the time there was one club that was 21 and up and a few were 18 and up but then like the 80s club is the one with the kids crawling around and I was just thinking it was way too late for those kiddos to be out. Hopefully they were cranky the entire next day to make up for it.

I would give it another try this year if there are age restrictions. I'll have to do some more research on it.
    Sunshine Rewards