Thread: Luggage

Default Luggage

Anyone been shopping for luggage lately? Not sure how long Luggage Online has been a merchant here, but they have free shipping and returns.

DS just headed back for his last semester in college, and I had to stop him from taking our favorite piece of luggage back with him. He'll be job hunting this semester, and is willing to relocate anywhere, so he may need his own luggage soon.

Any favorite brands? From my own experience, I have found the the moe expensive luggage does not really last any longer than the cheaper stuff.

Anyone have some input for me?

Thanks.........laura

Edited: sorry i meant to put this in the shopping forum........
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

All of my luggage and my parents luggage are Atlantic brand. I just checked and they are sold on that website. The luggage is pretty durable and looks nice. I highly recommend it. Its also sold at Macy's from what I remember.
    Sunshine Rewards

I have Ricardo Beverly Hills. As a frequent flyer and business traveler, I have to say it really does pay to buy the better stuff. The thing to look for in terms of durability is the "denier" count. Generally, the higher the better. Don't pay the department store prices...their "50% off" sales are even higher then many of the online stores' regular prices. Another great place to look if you're only looking for one or two pieces (sometimes hard to find a matched set) is Marshalls or TJ Maxx or Ross. Any of those discount places. I've had my Ricardo luggage for 5 years now and it's been checked on many many many flights and it's held up extremely well. Other than being dirty (it's red) from the belly of the planes, it's in perfect condition. Good luck and happy shopping - I hope you can find a bargain through SR!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

And I should add...shop based on the denier count I mentioned above, as opposed to price. Sometimes luggage will be higher in price, but not necessarily have the more durable fabric (sometimes you're just paying for a name). Just be watchful of that.
    And try to skip past polyester fabrics - nylon/ballistic nylon are more durable.
    Last edited by jl8595; 01-06-2008 at 07:25 PM.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

Thanks m 'n c for moving my post. We have a couple pieced of Atlantic and I do like them.

Lori, thanks for the info. Now i know what to look for when comparing different brands.

laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards