Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50's or Whispering canyon?

Default 50's or Whispering canyon?

I'm going back to WDW with my nephews in August. On the night it's just the 3 of us, I'm planning on going to either PTC or Whispering Canyon. WE went to PTC last time and liked it, but I don't know if Whispering canyon might be fun. The boys will be 15 and 12, if that helps.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I haven't tried Whispering Canyon yet but it is on my list. We did Prime Time last time we went and had a horrible waiter which ruined the experience. So I'm not too high on that restaurant.
    Sunshine Rewards

We love Whispering Canyon. The food has always be consistently good for us. We love the atmosphere of the Wilderness Lodge. If you do choose Whispering Canyon, ask for ketchup as see what happens... You will be surprised! Have a great trip!
    Last edited by happymom; 02-06-2011 at 12:25 PM.

We love Whispering Canyon! We go there for breakfast once every couple of months. Consistently great fun and a lot of fun!
    Judi
    Over 100 trips to WDW, 50+ to DL, and 25+ aboard DCL! We are also DVC members!

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I think like with any Disney dining question, your response will be very varied based on personal experiences.

Personally, None of my family really enjoyed our lunch a few years ago at Whispering Canyon.. My daughter was 10 at the time and she thought the "games" like twirling the napkins and riding the hobbyhorses were very childish and did not want to participate. We also did not have a good waiter to make anything fun. We also did not like the food.

On the other hand, we went to 50's PTC on our last trip in 2009, and we all LOVED the experience. It was our last meal of the trip, and it really capped off the trip in an awesome way. We had a great waiter (Cousin Mark) and he made the whole experience just a whole lot of fun. We were also very pleasantly surprised by the food, as we had heard many conflicting viewpoints, although I think this is what you get with relly any of the on site dining lately. My dd, age 12 at the time, loved the experience and talked about it for a long time after, although she is not shy, so she was able to play along. We definitely would go back to 50's, but will not go back to Whispering Canyon.

That's just my $.02 though, so take it as you will...I'm sure review on both will be split.

I wish I was going back this August!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

The food is better at 50's and if (and that sometimes is a big IF) you get a bad server, then it is just another meal at Disney and not all that much fun.

Of course the same can be said for WC too, it just depends on who your server is and how much your family would participate.
    Last edited by Breeze88; 02-07-2011 at 10:58 AM.

We loved WCC, but haven't tried PTC. I have both on our September list.

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I love the food at PTC. I've never tried WC but have heard mixed reviews on the food. I think the experience at both places can probably be really good if you get a good server.
    That doesn't really help does it? If it was me I would look at the menus and see what the people in my party might like. I would also want it to be different from other dining that I was doing on the trip.
    Either way I'm sure you will have a great time!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I'm going back to WDW with my nephews in August. On the night it's just the 3 of us, I'm planning on going to either PTC or Whispering Canyon. WE went to PTC last time and liked it, but I don't know if Whispering canyon might be fun. The boys will be 15 and 12, if that helps.
    Thanks for your input. I'd like someplace new, but PTC has the lure of the fact that my DSIL won't go there again, so they can only go with me (not in a possesive way, just a fact).
    Ferdie: Will have mac n cheese at either place, unless he goes for seafood or the skillet.
    Mordie: Would prefer WCC, as he could have a steak (he wouldn't order the steak at ptc)
    Me: I prefer ptc's vegetarian option, but I could cope at WCC.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Based simply on food, I would choose WCC. I've had the skillet & it's VERY good. We've had great experiences at PTC & WCC but I do like the food better at WCC...maybe it's the corn bread. :0)
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800