Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: turbo tax question - what is the SR process

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Question turbo tax question - what is the SR process

How does getting credit for this work? I have to sign out and log back in w/ other data, then in a few days log in to see if Federal approves (I do my state for free w/ the state, so it is just federal). I understand how Turbo Tax works, been using them for 10 years, just not the SR part...

I clicked through SR to start my taxes....am I on file now w/ the advertiser or do I need to click through SR each time I go back into Turbo Tax?

Thanks!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I think it kicks in after you make the actual purchase...depending on what you used to pay for it.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

They don't do the payment part (I'll be paying by cc, that bank they use charges ridiculous to take it out of the return...highway robbery! as PopPop would say...anywhooooo...) until the very end, so I guess I should just keep accessing the site through SR. At least I'm getting a refund, being self employed I always get paranoid that I did all the estimated tax payments and SS right.

Thanks!

I thought I would report that I got credit for this. I got DH to go through the SR link when he started. But he didn't actually finish until the next day and I know he didn't go through the link the second day. So apparently you can log in multiple times to work on your taxes and still get credit. Also, we did not wind up having to pay the Turbo Tax fee and I still got credit.

DH started doing the taxes on Friday, finished on Saturday, and I got credit on Monday.

Hope this helps! I'm sure more and more people are going to be interested in this as Tax Day approaches.

I also got credit for this, but I did log in through the SR link each time just in case. I paid the Turbo fees with debit card because I didn't want to pay the extra $20 or whatever it was to have it taken from my return.

I actually wound up going through H&R Block. I read so many things of Turbo Tax sending incorrect data and holding up payments that I got paranoid.

I have to say I loved this program as well. It was approved in less than 24 hours, rec'd my DCN and supposed to be in my acct Friday.

Not sure when/if I'll see a credit, but it was a good deal regardless, so I'm happy!

Glad it worked for you and good to know for next year in case I use it.
    Last edited by cglaura; 01-28-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jusacuz View Post
    I also got credit for this, but I did log in through the SR link each time just in case. I paid the Turbo fees with debit card because I didn't want to pay the extra $20 or whatever it was to have it taken from my return.
    Ok, good, this is what I did. Did it post after your tax return was accepted? It says mine will not be reviewed until Feb. 11. Wasn't sure if that would have any impact on when I should see a pending credit
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    Ok, good, this is what I did. Did it post after your tax return was accepted? It says mine will not be reviewed until Feb. 11. Wasn't sure if that would have any impact on when I should see a pending credit
    My return was accepted in record time, less than a day, so I think the credit showed the next day, maybe two days later. I remember it being quicker to credit than I expected, but I don't know if it was in relation to my return being accepted. sorry, I'm totally not helpful. :\

I'm curious...I file my brother and my grandmother's taxes for them each year. Since this is a shopping and not offer credit, can I file each of theirs through turbo tax as they have them ready and get credit for both?
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2aPrincess View Post
    I'm curious...I file my brother and my grandmother's taxes for them each year. Since this is a shopping and not offer credit, can I file each of theirs through turbo tax as they have them ready and get credit for both?
    You should be able to. We don't look to make sure you have only filed one return. I think as long as you click on the links again the right way, you *should* get the credit. If we get it, we will definitely pass it along.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs