Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Auditing the Books

He's with what was/is Applied Discovery, which is in the same building as Court Link. He started *right* before they went into LN. He really loves it.

And now I have to post this so I can show him your picture, b/c he wants to see if he knows you (though I don't think the timing works out for when you must have left the job).
    Sunshine Rewards

I remember when LN bought AD. I worked with them briefly in the spring of 2006. I'm trying to remember what the projects were. I remember someone having to set me up with AD Citrix access because the LN backend and AD backend were not linked because of the tremendous AD privacy issues. So I had to get special AD server permissions. I'm fairly certain that the projects I worked on with them were some kind of indexing or conversion of documents. Plus we worked on customer service surveys for the sales group. And I vaguely remember something about SalesForce.com.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Hold your breath and say some little prayers.

I'm starting to audit the records for last month---going back through manually and importing everything that SHOULD have credited automatically, doublechecking stats, etc. I've already found a few little snafus here and there that will result in people getting credits for things that they might have given up on.

So sit tight and check your account histories. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones this afternoon!!

Any chance you found some Disney Movie Club credits hidden in there? Still waiting... but it's a new month

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    Any chance you found some Disney Movie Club credits hidden in there? Still waiting... but it's a new month
    They actually haven't done any of them yet. It looks like I got lucky that the first one I ever submitted was on the 27th of April and they resolved it the first week of May. Then every other one of them I submitted was in May. So I expect to hear about all of them I have filed so far early next week.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I remember when LN bought AD. I worked with them briefly in the spring of 2006. I'm trying to remember what the projects were. I remember someone having to set me up with AD Citrix access because the LN backend and AD backend were not linked because of the tremendous AD privacy issues. So I had to get special AD server permissions. I'm fairly certain that the projects I worked on with them were some kind of indexing or conversion of documents. Plus we worked on customer service surveys for the sales group. And I vaguely remember something about SalesForce.com.
    He's feeling vindicated right now b/c he has been there since spring of '05.

He has vague recollections of a "bye, great working with you" email sent out by someone with your name...did you do that?

They are looking for lawyers to work for their group, MAN is that a good gig! No, not a HUGE salary like my SIL (4th year at Latham Watkins? in San Diego) is bringing in, but for a "job" vs "practice", it's pretty nice, IMO. Wish one of us had been through law school.

Sounds like your job was pretty sweet, but working on your OWN thing like this, that's even better!
    Sunshine Rewards

Default Lawyers??

Sorry to butt in on the conversation, but they're not looking for lawyers in Michigan are they?

I am in a bad legal job right now that I am desperately trying to leave. So desperate that I'm willing to ask about it on a forum

I probably did send out an email like that. And I know that some were sent out on my behalf because I gave a lot of notice and we transitioned in my replacement (Kelly Clark) for about a month. I am actually still on the books as a contract employee, but I don't have the monitor plugged in right now. When DH gets home, I'll have him plug in the monitor and I will go look in my massive email archive and see if I worked with your DH.

It was nice working from home. And I went to Colorado Springs and Dayton a couple of times a year. Unfortunately twice with 6 week old babies at home. But the workaholic in me kept me from really using my flex time like I should have. Lexis benefits are VERY good though.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    Sorry to butt in on the conversation, but they're not looking for lawyers in Michigan are they?

I am in a bad legal job right now that I am desperately trying to leave. So desperate that I'm willing to ask about it on a forum
    They do hire all over. And they hire contract employees for a group called LBIR (maybe recently renamed?), but I am not sure if they are still hiring from groups of former employees that we had to lay off (another reason I couldn't handle the stress of the job anymore--firing people around the holidays). It's worth looking. They have a number of home or partially home-based jobs in different kinds of lawerly work.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Thanks for the reply Tricia. I will check into it, certainly worth a try. The economy is so bad in Michigan right now that it's pathetic.

I know what you mean about the laying people off. We lost our best manager to a lay off today, I was practically bawling (while trying to remain professional of course).

You don't want to know the look DH just gave to the name of your replacement....he says he wishes you were still around. yikes!

As for hiring...DH says that his particular company/division, Applied Discovery, has NY, Chicago, Seattle-area, DC, and LA sites that would need lawyers, but no sites in Michigan.

But it might be worth checking out the Lexis Nexis website, just to see.

Oh! The laying off thing. This company is the ONE company I have EVER heard of that actually hired back laid off people. I'm not sure the people came back, but they were at least ASKED, and that was amazing. Robert's only there b/c back in '01 Amazon's Seattle office was wiped out in a massive layoff (while my dinky Tacoma office stayed alive at least for another few years), and then his next job had layoffs every few months (and never ever hired anyone back, while hiring NEW people for the SAME positions a couple months later), and he found his way to AD. Then they had layoffs, but then made offers to those people later. I thought it was just SO lovely of them.
    Last edited by mollyeilis; 06-01-2007 at 08:59 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards