Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Auditing the Books

I'm so excited that you're checking things out. I am WAYYY to impatient for my missing credits- been checking a few times a day. It's just a pain when they post to your card, they come in the mail and the credits are MIA.

I know, you've heard it all before.

It's so great to have you on here for us Tricia!

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    You don't want to know the look DH just gave to the name of your replacement....he says he wishes you were still around. yikes!
    Oh, no!!! I was her mentor! I know her boss just got canned recently and her husband lost his job. So she's been really trying to keep things together. I coach her if he would like. LOL!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Oh, no!!! I was her mentor! I know her boss just got canned recently and her husband lost his job. So she's been really trying to keep things together. I coach her if he would like. LOL!

I think they are STILL working on figuring out how AD meshes with LN...there are still issues with things like HR, which you'd think would have been taken care of. Nothing to do with anything, but back at the time that we made our choices for benefits, DH was LOOKING on the site to see what costs would change if changes were made. Unbeknownst to him, if you do that sort of thing, then forget to go in to MAKE the changes, it takes what you were messing around with as gospel. So we were on vacation when his "wonderings" became fact for January, and we didn't even know for months, because we were waiting for notification of the deadline (which was in his umpteen messages when he got back, early, from vacay b/c his dad was in the hospital). Since they KNEW that this happened, they made an allowance for our FSA account (is that like "PIN number"?), but just this month we tried to use it, and silly wageworks messed up, and our card won't work. Now we've been dealing with that for a month. And it just feels difficult, because the HR people there are still trying to figure out how LN does things, when they were these wild independent AD people just a couple years ago. So even though DH hardly got any time being "independent", he's still dealing with people who were there before, and it gets complicated.

OMG you can't possibly care about all that! So sorry!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post

I think they are STILL working on figuring out how AD meshes with LN...there are still issues with things like HR, which you'd think would have been taken care of. Nothing to do with anything, but back at the time that we made our choices for benefits, DH was LOOKING on the site to see what costs would change if changes were made. Unbeknownst to him, if you do that sort of thing, then forget to go in to MAKE the changes, it takes what you were messing around with as gospel. So we were on vacation when his "wonderings" became fact for January, and we didn't even know for months, because we were waiting for notification of the deadline (which was in his umpteen messages when he got back, early, from vacay b/c his dad was in the hospital). Since they KNEW that this happened, they made an allowance for our FSA account (is that like "PIN number"?), but just this month we tried to use it, and silly wageworks messed up, and our card won't work. Now we've been dealing with that for a month. And it just feels difficult, because the HR people there are still trying to figure out how LN does things, when they were these wild independent AD people just a couple years ago. So even though DH hardly got any time being "independent", he's still dealing with people who were there before, and it gets complicated.

OMG you can't possibly care about all that! So sorry!
    Oh, man. That doesn't surprise me. It is always very interesting to watch what happens when big full of red tape companies buy up smaller companies that are used to much more flexibility and less red tape. That was one of the things I always liked about our projects with AD and Courtlink. Things could move forward much faster because there were not as many hoops to jump through as there were in the older parts of Lexis, like Shepards. You could seriously go weeks without hearing about something you needed ASAP because so many levels of people had to sign off on it. With the newer divisions, major decisions could be made in hours. I have no doubt that the HR transition to standardization (probably as well as the IT transition) has been hairy to say the least.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Yep, hairy is a good way to describe it!

But they still have "bring your dog" Fridays (something I'm glad I don't work there for, b/c I'd be a sneezy mess) and the CHEAP vending machines (20 oz soda for 25 cents, anyone?), so they still try to maintain the feel of the Seattle start-up.

I doubt you found anything for me in your audit, but I'm going to go check now.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks Tricia- I saw my Cherry on Top credit the other day!

Still holding out hope for my DMC one too; and a small ebay one, but mostly the DMC...hoping, hoping, hoping.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    By the way...just mentioned this info to DH last night, and his jaw dropped...turns out they were given "this person has left to pursue other career opportunities" line, so no one knew the boss was canned!

Ach, corporations....
    Sunshine Rewards

I think you must have done another audit-I had an ancient credit come through yesterday.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.