Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: User Infractions

Default User Infractions

As our board grows bigger, unfortunately it becomes harder to police what is being posted. Anyone who has been here more than a day knows that we do not tolerate 1) SPAM, 2) insults to our members, and 3) inappropriate behavior. So it only stands to reason that we start to do something about it.

Effective immediately, an Infraction System has been added to the forum. This will allow the moderators to give warnings and "points" for people who violate the rules. Please understand that these are not personal attacks in any way but just a better way for us to track what is happening in the forum, educate members about forum policies, and keep the site at optimum operation.

Right now we are starting with 5 categories of infractions:

1) Spammed Advertisements
    2) Insulting Other Members
    3) Signature Rule Violations
    4) Inappropriate Language
    5) Violation of forum posting rules including discussing cancellations, mentioning competitor sites, or discussing product names from surveys.

Our goal is not to be militant about these, but we do need to be consistent. You will receive a "warning" on your first violation unless the violation is so egregious that the MOD feels the need to assess a point. In the coming days, we will determine what the penalty for incurring multiple points will be. My hope is that we never get that far and that the warnings themselves will serve our purposes.

Please feel free to discuss this with us. We want to ensure that our forum continues to not only be a fun place to be but also not a liability in terms of losing advertisers for Sunshine Rewards.

Rules can be found in this thread -> http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1
    Last edited by m 'n c; 01-10-2008 at 11:40 PM. Reason: adding link to SR Board Rules
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Understood and understand!
    <Sunshine Rewards

UH OH! I think this is an I'm the Momma moment !!!

Seriously though, I understand that to keep our community as sunshiny as it is now the rules need to be enforced.

We are in our terrible two's now.

Angela

Duly warned! I don't like to get into trouble or cause it, so you won't have to worry about me - and hopefully no one else either. For all I've seen so far, this has been a very clean wholesome forum and I'm glad for and respect the definite efforts to keep it that way.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

SOunds good to me, I've seen how much it's grown in 3 months, and it will keep on growing which is a good thing, but rules are made for a reason!!

I've been guilty of it in the past and i know I try hard to watch what I'm doing, but you as a business owner need to do what's best for you!

I agree with it 100%.
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Can someone tell me where the rules for Signatures are (for rule #3)? Or is that just you can't post referrals links (other than your SR#) etc. I remember vaguely reading about them but can't find it now.

Didn't know about the product names, thought you just couln't get in depth specific, but now I do!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Am I by any chance exempt
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Here is the link to the forum rules thread. It is sometimes updated so it is always good to check back occasionaly.

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
    Can someone tell me where the rules for Signatures are (for rule #3)? Or is that just you can't post referrals links (other than your SR#) etc. I remember vaguely reading about them but can't find it now.

Didn't know about the product names, thought you just couln't get in depth specific, but now I do!
    Its located in the SR Forum rules.
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Am I by any chance exempt
    Heck no you get double infractions Although Tricia is the only one with the authority to give the mods (including you) infractions Good luck on that one
    Sunshine Rewards