Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Survey Contest (Chatter Thread)

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyJudi View Post
    I'd be happy to get ONE survey, let alone 5 Nothing since 2/11 here.
    I've only been able to get 4 surveys at the most for over a week now and I'm usually pretty lucky in getting them...so you are not alone in having trouble. We used to be able to try all day for the GF DS and SM/2cents but that seems to have changed and if you don't get one right away in the morning they don't give you another chance at surveys again until after 7pm, at least that's been the way for me lately?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    There definitely has to be something up with your computer. Our numbers are actually better right now than they were in December and January (with the exception of the MTC fiasco).
    There is nothing wrong with my computer and I'm not the only one having issues - check the post right after mine here, as well as the other threads about survey problems and the daily 6 pack thread I've had three people I referred quit the site because they aren't able to get any either.
    Judi
    Over 100 trips to WDW, 50+ to DL, and 25+ aboard DCL! We are also DVC members!

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

There is nothing wrong with my computer and I'm not the only one having issues - check the post right after mine here, as well as the other threads about survey problems and the daily 6 pack thread I've had three people I referred quit the site because they aren't able to get any either.
    The post below yours (if I am reading correctly) says that she is getting 4 surveys a day. That is a lot different than not getting any surveys at all. If I did not see at least 50 people every day getting credit for EVERY survey that we have, I would start to wonder about the survey. But I have talked to every single one of our surveys companies in the last week and they all have assured me that everything is okay on their end. They specifically said that if someone cannot get a survey, it is that their demographics do not fit or their computer is blocking the surveys.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by brandiramirez View Post
    Wow that must be new, because my birthday is also August 20th and I never had a problem entering it.
    Actually, it has been like this for qquite a long while now for me. Just strange.
    Sunshine Rewards

This has been one of my worst survey months, but I can still get a DS almost every day. I'd get more if I invested more time, though - it's been a busy month in real life. SH hasn't had anything for me in a while, but other people are getting them, so there are surveys to be had.

I've gotten a DS and a MV already today, and that is in between doing lots of other things.

My completely unfounded opinion - if someone is qualifying for surveys (and completing them) but they are not crediting, it is the computer (with the exception of some technical errors, but not that many). If someone isn't qualifying, then the demos don't match or not enough time is spent trying. Sometimes I can try for hours and not get anything - it's just that no one wants my particular opinion that day. There's nothing wrong with SH this month - it's just that more people are trying with the credit increase and they are either quicker than I am or the demos match better. No big survey conspiracy.

It might take me five or ten tries to get a DS some days, but the surveys are out there if I have the time to spend. Some days I don't have the time to spend, so my numbers are down this month. They'll rebound.

I don't think I've had more technical issues than usual, though. Just fewer surveys that match my demos.
    Last edited by StitchandPooh'smom; 02-25-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    They specifically said that if someone cannot get a survey, it is that their demographics do not fit or their computer is blocking the surveys.
    Demographics perhaps, but nothing changed as far as mine go on 2/11. Nothing changed on my computer either. I get 'we are having technical difficulties' type messages on 90% of the surveys I try. Look at the number of people who used to get 6 packs every day in that thread and how the numbers there have changed drastically in the past couple of weeks. Other members in the survey problem thread having issues as well again today.
    Judi
    Over 100 trips to WDW, 50+ to DL, and 25+ aboard DCL! We are also DVC members!

I have to agree with StitchnPooh, but with a twist. I honestly believe the people having more trouble getting six packs consistently now are the ones who used to qualify for just about eveyrthing before and got used to thinking that's the norm. While, yes, you can continue to try all day if you have the time, I also think eventually, you're going to find surveys are harder to come by because you've taken most of them. And yes, survey companies do add more on a regular basis, but they might not add them fast enough to keep up with how quickly some members take them. I honestly believe that's what's happening here. It doesn't seem to be the people who typically got 2-3 a day that are nearly as affected -- it's the people who used to get 4-8 a day and are now "only" getting 1-3.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Demographics perhaps, but nothing changed as far as mine go on 2/11. Nothing changed on my computer either. I get 'we are having technical difficulties' type messages on 90% of the surveys I try. Look at the number of people who used to get 6 packs every day in that thread and how the numbers there have changed drastically in the past couple of weeks. Other members in the survey problem thread having issues as well again today.
    When you get technical difficult pages, do you try re-route back to the survey company through SR's page? When that happens to me I just start over. Have you tried using a different browser than your usual one? Even when I don't think things have changed on my computer, I still have issues pop up (i.e. Firefox crashes when I use search engines - I didn't purposely make that change, but it still happens).

Are you getting error pages from the survey companies' qualifying pages, or partner sites the survey companies route you to? There are so many ways things can go wrong it's hard to offer useful advice. But people are getting surveys, even if it's fewer than they're used to.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    It doesn't seem to be the people who typically got 2-3 a day that are nearly as affected -- it's the people who used to get 4-8 a day and are now "only" getting 1-3.
    I'd admit, my numbers are down for this month - but I also didn't put in as much time as I could. Even with a minimal effort, I could usually get 1 survey a day. Just since Monday I've completed 15 surveys, which is way above average for me. I've been a member long enough to "weather the storm" of qualifying for fewer surveys than usual. I thank my lucky stars every day that we now have 8 survey opportunities a day because when I joined there were only 3! I think you're completely right that a lot of it is a matter of perspective.
    Kayla

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    I have to agree with StitchnPooh, but with a twist. I honestly believe the people having more trouble getting six packs consistently now are the ones who used to qualify for just about eveyrthing before and got used to thinking that's the norm. While, yes, you can continue to try all day if you have the time, I also think eventually, you're going to find surveys are harder to come by because you've taken most of them. And yes, survey companies do add more on a regular basis, but they might not add them fast enough to keep up with how quickly some members take them. I honestly believe that's what's happening here. It doesn't seem to be the people who typically got 2-3 a day that are nearly as affected -- it's the people who used to get 4-8 a day and are now "only" getting 1-3.
    Well said. I've always been one of the 2-3 per day survey takers - I try them consistently, but not so much that I would get 7 or 8 per day. If one doesn't have anything for me, I move on to another and can still usually get 2-3 per day, just maybe a MV instead of a SH or whatever. I always try for a DS but not usually an SM survey due to time, but someone who always gets a DS and a SM/YTC everyday should run out faster.

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    Tricia, just want you to know that on the AMP surveys, there is no option for Aug. 20th to choose for birthdate. Don't know if the 20 is missing from the other months too, but it is for Aug. I always have to make myself a day older or younger when I do AMP surveys. Weird.
    I have noticed this also. My birthday is the 20th also. If you look at the drop down it says 18,19,10, 21, 22 etc. So, I always select the 2nd of the number 10s. I am thinking maybe it is just a typo.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards