Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh SR Meetup

I'm open to meeting anywhere. I did check and my brother's house is available the afternoon of the 3rd. I suggested it because he lives in Mt. Washington, and I thought it might be a somewhat central and convenient location for everyone. Plus, we wouldn't have to worry about how long we want to stay as we might in a restaurant. But as I said, if we want to meet somewhere else, it's OK with me.
    Barb

We'll be staying downtown and will have our car. Let's plan on the 3rd then and we will meet up with you right before we head out of town to D.C.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

The 3rd it is! What time? I had originally thought maybe around 1 or 2, but if you have to travel to D.C., maybe earlier is better? Once we fix a time, I can send everyone directions to the house, or if we decide to meet somewhere downtown, we can arrange a place.
    Barb

I think the house sounds great! We can do 1 or 2. We'll want to wear the kids out that day before we put them in the car anyway.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Let's say 1 PM then. And you are coming to the right place to wear kids out. My brother (Steven) and his partner (Peter) sold a software company 10 years ago and retired at age 40 and built what we call a "party" house. There's a pool table, dance floor, and some touch screen video games in the basement, so they should have a great time.

Anyone else who is coming should bring their kids too. Steven and Peter are very warm and welcoming and no crowd is too large for them.

The directions are simple. Take the Liberty Bridge towards Mt. Washington and at the light at the end of the bridge, make the right onto McArdle Roadway. Make sure you stay in the right lane on the bridge, otherwise you'll have to go through the tunnel. At the light at the end of McArdle, make the sharp left onto Grandview Avenue and stay on it past the incline where it turns into Wyoming Avenue. Stay on Wyoming (it's an old fashioned Pittsburgh cobblestone street) to the top of the hill and make a left onto Boggs. Boggs suddenly turns into Bailey at Fox's Pizza/Cogo's (which will be on your right). The house is on the left shortly after you pass Cogo's. You can't miss it. It's the only contemporary house on the street. There are 2 entrances off the street into a small courtyard. Just pull into the courtyard and park.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
    Barb

I just found this thread, but I'm definitely interested in a meetup. I don't have my son's baseball schedule yet, but the 3rd should be OK. I'm in Upper St. Clair, so Mt. Washington isn't too far for me.

I've got two little ones who would love having other kids to play with so I'll bring them if everyone else is. Should we each bring a food item as well?
    Lisa

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by saffymom View Post
    I just found this thread, but I'm definitely interested in a meetup. I don't have my son's baseball schedule yet, but the 3rd should be OK. I'm in Upper St. Clair, so Mt. Washington isn't too far for me.

I've got two little ones who would love having other kids to play with so I'll bring them if everyone else is. Should we each bring a food item as well?
    Yay!! More SR's. We'll be taking over Mt. Washington!

Please feel free to bring your kids. As i said no crowd is too large.

Here are the easiest directions from the South Hills:

Go down Rt. 51 and where it splits to the right to get to the tunnels, stay left and go onto the overpass past the Liberty Tunnels. At the light past the tunnels, get in the right lane and make a right onto Warrington Avenue. Once you turn right, make the immediate left onto Boggs. You'll come to a stop sign where the road splits and you will stay right. I believe at that stop sign, there's also a sign that says right turns can keep moving and it's a sharp right turn. Stay on Boggs, don't make any turns. You'll go through a few stop signs. Eventually Boggs turns into Bailey (right in the middle of the road--only in Pittsburgh!). The house will be on your right after the Presbyterian Church.
    Barb

Just realized I never included the address! It's 207 Bailey Avenue.
    Barb

UPDATE!!

Just found out my family will be celebrating my nephew's birthday late Sunday afternoon (about 4 PM). When I suggested the 3rd for our meetup, I thought we would be celebrating the birthday on Saturday the 2nd, but it turns out the 2nd will not work for the family.

We can still meet at my brother's house because I think it would be fun for all, plus it's where we are celebrating the birthday. It really is a great place to relax and talk. However, I am concerned that 4 PM may be too early to wrap it up? We could start earlier that day if you'd like. I absolutely don't want to rush anyone or make anyone feel like they have to run out the door, so if you want to meet up somewhere else, I understand. I still want to meet everyone regardless of where it is, so I will be there.
    Barb

I was thinking we would only meet up for maybe 2 hours anyway? We could bump it up to 12-2 if that would work?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs