Thread: Another Article By Me

Default Another Article By Me

I know some of you are interested in what I write about affiliate marketing and others couldn't care less. LOL This is a pretty controversial article that I wrote earlier this week for a big industry website. I know at least one SR member has commented on it so far.

Should Affiliate Managers Be Affiliates?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I found the article very interesting.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I found it interesting too. Now, an affiliate manager-that's like Mary Smith from share a sale, right?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I don't always understand all the technical affiliate talk, but I find it all fascinating and love reading your articles!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I found it interesting too. Now, an affiliate manager-that's like Mary Smith from share a sale, right?
    Sometimes they work for networks. Most of the time they either work directly for the company (like Teresa at Shoebuy who always takes care of us) or they have an independent firm that manages multiple totally unrelated programs (like Snow Consulting manages Transparent Language, ThePerfumeSpot, etc).
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

I don't really understand most of it either, but it looks like this is a serious topic in your industry judging by the comments.
    Kayla

It's basically the equivalent of me working with John at X merchant and talking to him about how I am going to make money selling the merchant's products and all of the promotions that I am going to do (increased cash back, emails to my members, posts on Facebook, etc). But all the while, John is actually the owner of a rival rewards site and I don't know it. If I had know that he wasn't just the manager of X affiliate program but also my competition, I would never have shared my promotional methods with him.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    It's basically the equivalent of me working with John at X merchant and talking to him about how I am going to make money selling the merchant's products and all of the promotions that I am going to do (increased cash back, emails to my members, posts on Facebook, etc). But all the while, John is actually the owner of a rival rewards site and I don't know it. If I had know that he wasn't just the manager of X affiliate program but also my competition, I would never have shared my promotional methods with him.
    So you would be the "Affiliate" and John would be an "Affiliate" and an "Affiliate Manager" in this situation? That makes sense, I just get confused by all the industry jargon.
    Kayla

Quote Originally Posted by dwkay8 View Post
    So you would be the "Affiliate" and John would be an "Affiliate" and an "Affiliate Manager" in this situation? That makes sense, I just get confused by all the industry jargon.
    Yep! That's exactly right.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs