Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair Dryer Suggestions?

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Default Hair Dryer Suggestions?

I have Sharper Image travel ionic 1875 hair dryer that sounds like it is dying. Loved, loved LOVED this hair dryer, but the metallic clunks it is making when I start it up tells me it is a goner.

I actually use this as my main hair dryer as it folds up so nicely to put in a bathroom drawer. Anyone have suggestions of brands to try to replace this? I would like to purchase through SR, of course.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I've had 2 of these and I love them. The first one lasted 5ish years. I tried a different brand next and it was awful so I went back to this one. Not sure why it has such bad ratings at Target.com.

http://www.target.com/Conair-1875-Wa...k&frombrowse=1
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I've had 2 of these and I love them. The first one lasted 5ish years. I tried a different brand next and it was awful so I went back to this one. Not sure why it has such bad ratings at Target.com.

http://www.target.com/Conair-1875-Wa...k&frombrowse=1
    I've had that exact one in the past, loved it because of the color! But sadly it didn't last too long for me. Right now I have the Conair Infiniti, going strong for a couple of years now but it's not small nor does it fold....but I do like the Conair brand the best.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Cate and Pam, this hair dryer has great possibilities, but I'm worried about the ratings. I wonder if they were really good at one time but made some changes that decreased quality. Otherwise, it was exactly what I was hoping for. Hadn't considered a retractable cord, but it certainly would be a plus.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    Cate and Pam, this hair dryer has great possibilities, but I'm worried about the ratings. I wonder if they were really good at one time but made some changes that decreased quality. Otherwise, it was exactly what I was hoping for. Hadn't considered a retractable cord, but it certainly would be a plus.
    Go for it, it's only $15 and you might get lucky and it will be a really good one. I think mine lasted a year or two when I had it....I did like it before it died, in fact I think it started making the same type noises yours is making and I decided to invest in a new one.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I bought a cheap small Conair at Target, though not the one that Cate posted about. I bought it because it would fit in my bathroom drawer. Unfortunately, I returned it VERY quickly...it was so loud that it actually hurt my ears and I couldn't use it.

I still haven't replaced it, and keep using my old one that I have had for around 12 years or so that is dying pretty quickly. I need to find something else, but I am reluctant to buy another Conair. I would like to find something though that does not cost an arm and a leg, and is also small...not easy!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I bought one like last year and it is fine. I guess people are use to the no sound blow dryers so I can see why they would think it was noisy but since I'm not worried about waking anyone up and it gets a rise out of the girls it works for me. You could always try it out and return it if you don't like it.
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

I purchase a Conair very similiar to that one last year for my daughter for a Christmas present. I loved it so much that I kept using it and she started to complain when I forgot to put it back. This year my DH and daughter went out and purchased the exact same hair dryer and gave it to me for Christmas. I really don't think that it is that noisy - no more than most hair dryers. Considering the price, I would be willing to give it a try.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

I've been putting this purchase off, but now my hairdryer is making more and more funky noises, I finally ordered another Sharper Image travel hairdryer. The only downside is that it is only 1600 watts, not the 1875 my present one is. It was a little pricey at $29.95, but if it lasts only half as long as my present Sharper Image hairdryer (mine has to be at least 12 years old), I'll have gotten my money's worth. To be continued........

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I decided not to buy the Target one because of all the negative comments on that site.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I've been putting this purchase off, but now my hairdryer is making more and more funky noises, I finally ordered another Sharper Image travel hairdryer. The only downside is that it is only 1600 watts, not the 1875 my present one is. It was a little pricey at $29.95, but if it lasts only half as long as my present Sharper Image hairdryer (mine has to be at least 12 years old), I'll have gotten my money's worth. To be continued........

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I decided not to buy the Target one because of all the negative comments on that site.
    I think that's probably a wise decision. I never even thought of looking at Sharper image. I think we have a store at the mall in Providence where I could check one out first before I buy. Let us know how it is.
    Sunshine Rewards