Thread: Hey Shoe ladies...

Default Hey Shoe ladies...

Does anyone out there have a bunion or know someone with one? Mom wants some new shoes, but her bunion makes it hard to find "nice" ones that fit.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

My sister has a bunion and also has a terrible time finding shoes. She never buys online because she has to try the shoes on. She goes into every shoe store she sees, and looks in the shoe department of every store she visits. When she finds something that fits........she's estatic.

Sorry........I know that isn't what you or your mother wanted to hear. Just wanted her to know she's not alone.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    My sister has a bunion and also has a terrible time finding shoes. She never buys online because she has to try the shoes on. She goes into every shoe store she sees, and looks in the shoe department of every store she visits. When she finds something that fits........she's estatic.

Sorry........I know that isn't what you or your mother wanted to hear. Just wanted her to know she's not alone.
    Yeah, everyone's always telling her to get the surgery, and she's like "Um, the surgeon said if I can live with it I can skip the surgery for now."

that's interesting about shopping online-I thought online shopping would be better than the get pile of shoes at store, none fit cycle. I had been hoping some foot store they advertise on TV would have something for her, but they didn't.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I work at a surgical center where a lot of bunion surgeries are performed. The amazing thing, I think, is the differing amounts of deformity I see pre-op. I would think buying shoes online would be extremely difficult just because the size and shape of bunions vary so much. It's unfortunate for your Mom, but the reality is she probably still needs to visit shoe stores and try on a lot of shoes until she finds a comfortable pair.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards