Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Floridian Villas?

Default Grand Floridian Villas?

Some of you may have already seen plans/rumors for a new building at the Grand Floridian, possibly housing a new DVC resort.

What do you guys think? Would you stay there, would you add-on?

The Poly is my DVC wish, but I would consider staying at the GFV for the monorail access. We definitely wouldn't do an add-on though.

I'm also wary of what points per night would be required for a stay here. BLT is already high, and I think the relative small size of this building and it's location may demand an even higher point requirement. Maybe we'd only be able to stay here for a few nights, then go somewhere more economical
    Kayla

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by dwkay8 View Post
    Some of you may have already seen plans/rumors for a new building at the Grand Floridian, possibly housing a new DVC resort.

What do you guys think? Would you stay there, would you add-on?

The Poly is my DVC wish, but I would consider staying at the GFV for the monorail access. We definitely wouldn't do an add-on though.

I'm also wary of what points per night would be required for a stay here. BLT is already high, and I think the relative small size of this building and it's location may demand an even higher point requirement. Maybe we'd only be able to stay here for a few nights, then go somewhere more economical
    I'm probably the exception to the rule but I have no desire to stay anywhere else besides at the BCV (our home resort) we love Epcot and spend most of our time there and it is just way too convenient to be able to just walk there. We looked into staying at AKL (our second favorite place and where we stayed before buying DVC) and toured the rooms at the villa's the last time we were there (just beautiful) but the fact that you need to drive everywhere is just not something we want to do. We don't have little kids anymore so the monorail is not something that is necessary for us. We just love BCV!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

OKW snob here.

I've stayed at all the DVC resorts except for AKL DVC (have stayed at the resort on points) and BLT. I have stayed at the Contemporary and liked it. I would like to stay at BLT once but we prefer OKW to any of the others.

Grand Floridian doesn't do anything for me. Unless the points were a really good deal....I would most likely pass on staying there. I might stay there once just to try it.

With the popularity of BLT, I'm not surprised if they add a DVC to GF and Poly. Why not tap into the market of people that love those resorts and only want to stay there?? Good way for people to buy a piece of the magic.
    Interesting!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    OKW snob here.
    Wish I thought to word it like that....guess that makes me a BCV Snob!!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Grand Floridian does nothing for me. I have stayed there and i thought it was snobby until some snobby well you know walked past me with a rolling ice chest. I thought you know what he is no better then me but he was all about passing judgment. Since then. No thank you.

Grand Floridian isn't really our thing either. However, I love monorail access! The more I think about it (and how few DVC units there would be in this building) the more I think it will cost too many points for anything other than a few night visit for us. BLT can sap your account pretty well, and I think this would do an ever better job.

We aren't resort snobs yet. I wish I could mush different aspects of several resorts, and then maybe I'd find something worth sticking with
    Kayla

Quote Originally Posted by dwkay8 View Post
    Grand Floridian isn't really our thing either. However, I love monorail access! The more I think about it (and how few DVC units there would be in this building) the more I think it will cost too many points for anything other than a few night visit for us. BLT can sap your account pretty well, and I think this would do an ever better job.

We aren't resort snobs yet. I wish I could mush different aspects of several resorts, and then maybe I'd find something worth sticking with
    The only way to find a favorite is to try them all. We've been members since 1993 so we've had several years to try them out. We keep going back to OKW. It's our only home resort ....love that 11 month booking window.

Disney Vacation Club WAS Old Key West. OKW was called Disney Vacation Club in the very beginning. It was the only DVC for many years.

We like the laid back feeling of OKW, parking at the door, being near the quiet pool. My next favorite Wilderness Lodge. I like how the DVC building/pool is separate from the main hotel and I like the decor. Beach Club.....again separate building and close to Epcot MGM. I like Boardwalk because we can walk to to Epcot and MGM but some of the rooms are in Guam.

AK......nice rooms but too far out there. We stayed at the resort on points before DVC was there. Still need to try Bay Lake.

Everyone has different likes and dislikes. You'll figure it out. Just think.....all the fun you are having trying different resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Wish I thought to word it like that....guess that makes me a BCV Snob!!

I can't take credit for it. We have friends who bought right after us. They have never stayed anywhere else. She coined the title....speaking of herself.

Looks like this is going to happen

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/other--...esorts-96/1528
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    This information is from last week, but if you haven't seen the posts on other boards you'll see the site plan for the new building. There is no new evidence that the new building will be DVC. But If I had to put money on it, I would say it will be. The building is perfectly sized for DVC units.
    Kayla