Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What kind of mineral makeup do you use?

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

I use Everyday Minerals 90% ofthe time and love it! I still use my liquid foundation sometimes but mineral makeup is SO quick and easy to use. It takes a while to get the hang of it. There are tons of online videos to teach you how to apply it.
    Last edited by m 'n c; 01-16-2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: linking to a competing site.
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

I was diagnosed with rosacea about three years ago. I was doing some searching to see what I could use to cover the red, because that's the symptom that bothers me the most. There were two make-ups that were recommended on the rosacea sites that I came across--pancake make-up like what's use in the movie industry to cover tattoos and pulverized mineral make-up. Needless to say, I choose the mineral make-up. I've been using BE since then, but I'm looking for a different alternative. (Although I may not have to change now that we've gotten a Sephora in town!)

I got the BE starter kit that came with the Warmth color. I was really afraid it was going to be really wrong for me because of my extremely fair skin, but I learned it was all in technique. I've switched to Glee, but still use the same technique that was taught on the DVD I got. You use a very little amount and just kind of sweep it over where you want color.

Anyway, that's why I use mineral make-up. It completely covers the red blotchies on my face and doesn't aggrivate my skin.
    Andrea

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Riyaa View Post
    I was diagnosed with rosacea about three years ago. I was doing some searching to see what I could use to cover the red, because that's the symptom that bothers me the most. There were two make-ups that were recommended on the rosacea sites that I came across--pancake make-up like what's use in the movie industry to cover tattoos and pulverized mineral make-up. Needless to say, I choose the mineral make-up. I've been using BE since then, but I'm looking for a different alternative. (Although I may not have to change now that we've gotten a Sephora in town!)

I got the BE starter kit that came with the Warmth color. I was really afraid it was going to be really wrong for me because of my extremely fair skin, but I learned it was all in technique. I've switched to Glee, but still use the same technique that was taught on the DVD I got. You use a very little amount and just kind of sweep it over where you want color.

Anyway, that's why I use mineral make-up. It completely covers the red blotchies on my face and doesn't aggrivate my skin.
    not to jump OT but my mom has the same issues. Have you tried using some of the DDF products from sephora to help with the Rosacea? She uses the gentle skin cleanser wash (its blueish green) and the Rosacea relief serum and it does tend to help keep hers under control.

Ok back to the regularly scheduled topic.
    Sunshine Rewards

I love the mineral make-up because I get great redness coverage without looking too made up. Gotta love that.

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    not to jump OT but my mom has the same issues. Have you tried using some of the DDF products from sephora to help with the Rosacea? She uses the gentle skin cleanser wash (its blueish green) and the Rosacea relief serum and it does tend to help keep hers under control.

I use the Neova Herbal Wash for my face. Very, very gentle, and it doesn't dry you out. I buy it through Drugstore.com through the SR link. I have never used any of the Sephora items. Aren't they expensive? I really have never looked into them because my skin is reacting well right now without any extra products other than Neova, Purpose redness moisurizer with 30 SPF (drugstore.com), and EM make-up. Myabe I should look into it as a backup in case things start to get bad again.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    I love the mineral make-up because I get great redness coverage without looking too made up. Gotta love that.

I use the Neova Herbal Wash for my face. Very, very gentle, and it doesn't dry you out. I buy it through Drugstore.com through the SR link. I have never used any of the Sephora items. Aren't they expensive? I really have never looked into them because my skin is reacting well right now without any extra products other than Neova, Purpose redness moisurizer with 30 SPF (drugstore.com), and EM make-up. Myabe I should look into it as a backup in case things start to get bad again.
    If what you have is working definetly don't change! My mom made that mistake once due to her dermatologist recommending something and it screwed her back up until she got back into a rythmn with the other stuff. DDF is a tad pricey but I love their products and you don't use a lot of it so it does last a while. I think she gets new face soap (via me of course) every 4 to 5 months.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post

I will have to check them out! I've mostly found stuff by trial and error that's OK but not the best. Some days I don't have any problem and some days I'll be having a bad flare-up, usually because of the weather, and anything I use will just make it worse.

Thanks for the info!
    Andrea

I will have to check them out! I've mostly found stuff by trial and error that's OK but not the best. Some days I don't have any problem and some days I'll be having a bad flare-up, usually because of the weather, and anything I use will just make it worse.

Thanks for the info!
    Yup that sounds familar. If you can try to get some free samples from sephora before buying (alot of times they have some or can make some).
    Sunshine Rewards

I love love love my mineral makeup. I only use Arbonne on my skin, so I can't speak to any other brands; but I love how it goes on (mine is in a shaker jar applied with an included kabuki brush) and is ~$34 for a jar that lasts around 4 months I guess. My face has never looked so radiant and smooth since I started using this!