Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Who has trips booked for 2008?

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

EEEEK!

We (my parents and I) will be booking December 1-5 at POFQ as soon as my $200 in gc from the cashout arrive!

The trip will be a reward for my dad for him losing weight and getting healthy (we're booking now to make sure we have the room, but airfare will wait until he's hit his first benchmark. If for some reason things don't pan out, the $$ will be applied to my october 2009 or 2010 trip)

DISNEY AT CHRISTMAS!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

Just got back from a Feb. 2-8th at AKL. It was our first time staying there. And it is now our DD's favorite resort. She loved to see the animals right off our balcony! We can't wait for the new DVC pool/play area to be up and running though.

Then we're going April 24-27th OKW

Next: June 24-27th at BCV We aren't planning on doing any parks this time though. Strictly a pool, shopping, movies, and Disney Quest vacation. We really enjoy the pool, lazy river, slide and entertainment at this resort. Loads to do!

We'll book a few days in October and December for Mickey's Halloween Party and Christmas Party. It's become a family tradition over the past 6 years! My favorite place during Christmas at Disney is in Hollywood Studios (MGM) for their Spectacle of Lights. It really is gorgeous!

We are thinking about staying in September for Night of Joy. However, we may go over to Universal for Rock the Universe instead. If we do that then we'll get Universal's weekend package which includes the room. Universal's room key is an automatic fast pass to most rides and shows. This is def a bonus!

I really should consider working for Disney so they can pay ME for all our trips! haha WE LOVE DISNEY!

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    We will be at POFQ May 22-31st. Made ressies for Luau and Hoop Dee Doo Revue, this morning. I know they may not be the most exciting, but we have done them, in the past a long time ago, and liked them. My girls will be 10 and 13 so I don't know what else we will do. DD12 is sooo mature.
    Have you been there before in this time frame? I was toying with the idea of trying to talk DH into going then, but I was wondering if Memorial Day wkend would be crazy or not? We've only gone in summer, but we are so sick of the hot sticky weather, so I though May would be nice. By the way my DDs would be 10 & 13 also (and I have one who just turned 5 too).

I don;t know if we'll be able to make it happen (it's a long shot!) but I hope you have a magical time!
    Dorothy

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by luvdisney00 View Post
    Have you been there before in this time frame? I was toying with the idea of trying to talk DH into going then, but I was wondering if Memorial Day wkend would be crazy or not? We've only gone in summer, but we are so sick of the hot sticky weather, so I though May would be nice. By the way my DDs would be 10 & 13 also (and I have one who just turned 5 too).

I don;t know if we'll be able to make it happen (it's a long shot!) but I hope you have a magical time!
    We were there that time frame in May of 2006...it was HOT!! I bet could have been just as hot as the summer! The crowds really weren't that bad, they did pick up over the weekend, but not bad, people don't seem to be pulling their kids out at that point since it is coming up to the end of the year.

Hope that you get to go.

i am going on a cruise in oct..
    Sunshine RewardsShirley

Headed to the Big Mouse in April ! YAhhoOO!!!

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by luvdisney00 View Post

I have been in May before and didn't think it was bad. However, I am from the South and that was yrs ago. Weather has changed alot. We are leaving the night the girls get out of school (just made airline ressies, this wkend). I picked that time to try to avoid some of the hot weather and the crowds. The good thing is parks are open late and it gets cooler when the sun goes down. And, if you are staying in the resort, one of the parks are open to something like 2am. We plan to sleep late and visit the parks alot in the evening, do other stuff during the hottest part of the day. We are there for 10 days, without a car (on purpose) so we won't feel obligated to try and cover the rest of Orlando while we are there.

I changed our plans, tonight. Call CRO to add a day to our trip and decided to get tickets for Pirates and Princesses Party. I'm excited. We have never been and I am not familiar with it but so many people sounded excited about it that I decided we would go.

Well, so far for the year is the first weekend in March, ESPN weekend at MGM. Then we have the Food and Wine Festival the last week of Sept, staying at the Swan, then the Disney Cruise. Depending on funds and doggie sitters, in November we like to go to Super Soap Weekend, but that one is still up in the air. Its always subject to change since we basically live an hr and a half away.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

We'll be there April 20-24th and hopefully sometime in Sept/Oct.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

well we went for a few days in jan. and now we are hoping to go back in either sept or oct.. not sure when though