Thread: Netbook vs. iPad...

Default Netbook vs. iPad...

Hey all-I want either an iPad or Netbook (I'm thinking Asus), mainly for plane entertainment and photo backup. Any thoughts either way? (No Dell, please)
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I'd love to hear the ideas of everyone, too. I have a HP mini netbook and like it, but it doesn't play DVD's. That would have helped on our last trip. You are way beyond me in techno stuff, so perhaps I could have downloaded movies or other entertainment prior to the trip?
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I still can't figure out what I like! I think the problem is that I like different things for different reasons. Sometimes I want to use it as a Kindle. Sometimes I just want to play games. Sometimes I see something online and want to blog about it really quickly. I haven't found one device yet for travel that really suits ALL of my needs.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I have an Acer netbook and love it but it has no slot for DVD's, I only wanted it so that I could do surveys and get online while I'm at Disney, which it works perfectly for. So, no help from me.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    I'd love to hear the ideas of everyone, too. I have a HP mini netbook and like it, but it doesn't play DVD's. That would have helped on our last trip. You are way beyond me in techno stuff, so perhaps I could have downloaded movies or other entertainment prior to the trip?
    I know you can rent movies from iTunes (which I've done on my iPod classic) for the iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I still can't figure out what I like! I think the problem is that I like different things for different reasons. Sometimes I want to use it as a Kindle. Sometimes I just want to play games. Sometimes I see something online and want to blog about it really quickly. I haven't found one device yet for travel that really suits ALL of my needs.
    Get a Kindle-best thing ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    I have an Acer netbook and love it but it has no slot for DVD's, I only wanted it so that I could do surveys and get online while I'm at Disney, which it works perfectly for. So, no help from me.
    Yeah, the iPad doesn't have an ethernet port, so I would have to bring a router to wdw.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I know you can rent movies from iTunes (which I've done on my iPod classic) for the iPad.

Get a Kindle-best thing ever.

Yeah, the iPad doesn't have an ethernet port, so I would have to bring a router to wdw.
    we bought a some kind of switch at best buy plus a couple of ethernet cables and it works great. We take the one in the room and plug it into the switch along with the cables to our computers and we can both be on the internet at the same time.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I got the Acer Aspire back on Black Friday and LOVE IT!!! no it doesn't play DVD's but all my Disney movies for the kids come with a digital copy anyway, so we just log into our Disney library and watch them like that. Same with Hulu and stuff. I've got my Big Fish games on there and it works just fine with that, and i can easily do my survey's.

If Disney would get with this century and offer wi-fi, we wouldn't have to worry about an ethernet port either.
    Jennifer -

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards